When is Gamecube 2 supposed to be released?

When is Gamecube 2 supposed to be released, and what is the official
name? What will it offer that Gamecube does not offer? Will it run
Linux? Can it be modded?

--
Rich
3 answers Last reply

    Rich Posiadlik of Portage Indiana wrote:
    > When is Gamecube 2 supposed to be released, and what is the official
    > name? What will it offer that Gamecube does not offer? Will it run
    > Linux? Can it be modded?

    All the next-gen systems are still a long ways off. "Will it run
    Linux"? What kind of a question is that? It will be a game system,
    and will run whatever OS Nintendo constructs to efficiently use the
    new hardware to run the games. And why do you need to mod it? It's a
    video game system.

    And, why did you post this to a 35mm photography group? I think you
    need to take a time out from the Internet.
  2. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube (More info?)

    What I'm hoping they do is, make it so it plays the gamecube games. I
    thought that was a smart move with the PS2 enabling it to play PS1 games.

    Can never keep away from the classics :) I just wish they would've had
    another mario like the mario 64, but of course mario 128, sunshine just
    wasn't like the others.

    "Michael J. Sherman" <msherman@dsbox.com> wrote in message
    > Rich Posiadlik of Portage Indiana wrote:
    > > When is Gamecube 2 supposed to be released, and what is the official
    > > name? What will it offer that Gamecube does not offer? Will it run
    > > Linux? Can it be modded?
    > >

    > All the next-gen systems are still a long ways off. "Will it run
    > Linux"? What kind of a question is that? It will be a game system,
    > and will run whatever OS Nintendo constructs to efficiently use the
    > new hardware to run the games. And why do you need to mod it? It's a
    > video game system.
    >
    > And, why did you post this to a 35mm photography group? I think you
    > need to take a time out from the Internet.
  3. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube (More info?)

    "Rich Posiadlik of Portage Indiana" <that_rich_pos@hotmail.com> wrote in
    message news:1107773638.436984.77110@c13g2000cwb.googlegroups.com...

    Was this a deliberate mistake?

    > When is Gamecube 2 supposed to be released,

    Nobody knows. Late 2006 seems about right. Will probably be more info on
    this announced at E3

    >and what is the official name?

    Nobody knows. Revolution is it's working name. Will probably be more info on
    this announced at E3

    >What will it offer that Gamecube does not offer?

    Nobody knows. Speculation is rife about all the innovations that it may
    include. Connectivity to the DS and/or GBE seems likely. Better graphical
    capabilities is a given. Will probably be more info on this announced at E3

    >Will it run Linux?

    ??? Are you kidding? Surprisingly, nobody knows but I'm sure somebody will
    figure out a way to do it.

    >Can it be modded?

    It is two years away from being released! It hasn't even been officially
    announced yet! No-one could even begin to figure out if it can be modded! As
    ever, I'm sure someone will figure out a way though once it's out there.

Console Gaming Games Video Gamecube Nintendo Video Games