When is Gamecube 2 supposed to be released?

Last response: in Video Games
February 7, 2005 5:53:58 AM

When is Gamecube 2 supposed to be released, and what is the official
name? What will it offer that Gamecube does not offer? Will it run
Linux? Can it be modded?

--
Rich
Anonymous

Rich Posiadlik of Portage Indiana wrote:
> When is Gamecube 2 supposed to be released, and what is the official
> name? What will it offer that Gamecube does not offer? Will it run
> Linux? Can it be modded?

All the next-gen systems are still a long ways off. "Will it run
Linux"? What kind of a question is that? It will be a game system,
and will run whatever OS Nintendo constructs to efficiently use the
new hardware to run the games. And why do you need to mod it? It's a
video game system.

And, why did you post this to a 35mm photography group? I think you
need to take a time out from the Internet.
Anonymous
February 7, 2005 1:18:28 PM

What I'm hoping they do is, make it so it plays the gamecube games. I
thought that was a smart move with the PS2 enabling it to play PS1 games.

Can never keep away from the classics :)  I just wish they would've had
another mario like the mario 64, but of course mario 128, sunshine just
wasn't like the others.

"Michael J. Sherman" <msherman@dsbox.com> wrote in message
> Rich Posiadlik of Portage Indiana wrote:
> > When is Gamecube 2 supposed to be released, and what is the official
> > name? What will it offer that Gamecube does not offer? Will it run
> > Linux? Can it be modded?
> >

> All the next-gen systems are still a long ways off. "Will it run
> Linux"? What kind of a question is that? It will be a game system,
> and will run whatever OS Nintendo constructs to efficiently use the
> new hardware to run the games. And why do you need to mod it? It's a
> video game system.
>
> And, why did you post this to a 35mm photography group? I think you
> need to take a time out from the Internet.
Anonymous
February 7, 2005 11:16:55 PM

"Rich Posiadlik of Portage Indiana" <that_rich_pos@hotmail.com> wrote in
message news:1107773638.436984.77110@c13g2000cwb.googlegroups.com...

Was this a deliberate mistake?

> When is Gamecube 2 supposed to be released,

Nobody knows. Late 2006 seems about right. Will probably be more info on
this announced at E3

>and what is the official name?

Nobody knows. Revolution is it's working name. Will probably be more info on
this announced at E3

>What will it offer that Gamecube does not offer?

Nobody knows. Speculation is rife about all the innovations that it may
include. Connectivity to the DS and/or GBE seems likely. Better graphical
capabilities is a given. Will probably be more info on this announced at E3

>Will it run Linux?

??? Are you kidding? Surprisingly, nobody knows but I'm sure somebody will
figure out a way to do it.

>Can it be modded?

It is two years away from being released! It hasn't even been officially
announced yet! No-one could even begin to figure out if it can be modded! As
ever, I'm sure someone will figure out a way though once it's out there.
!