Recovering from bad bios update

lover4life

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2011
Hi i'm new and i would like to start off my thanking anyone who attempts to help me fix this problem.

My video card has been giving me problems for awhile. Sapphire the company gave my the bios update and a tech site to upgrade it. Everything went smoothly until i rebooted from the flash. It told me to reboot so no it didn't "just stop half way through". No i have no display. I wrote back to sapphire and explain to them my confusion. I followed everything to the T, i don't know what could've happen. My guess, they gave me the wrong bios.

I'm wondering if any of you can help. No i don't have an extra pci card and i would hope that could be my last resort considering i saved the old bios during the DOS and i also emailed it to myself.

I'll be responding to replies asap. Help please. :sweat:

lover4life

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2011
well thanks guys..... For anyone who stumbles across this forum You need to blind flash your bios. For me i try putting the command together and it didn't work. As long as your cd/usb/etc is bootable keep your atiflash on it take off the new bios and put the old bios on it. force the command: atiflash -f -p 0 (myBIOS).bin" at the bootable screen and it worked!

a source that might help: http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/258154-33-updating-4850-bios-failed