Compatibility > $?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChaseCTech

Honorable
Aug 7, 2012
Hi, I am planning to build a new computer within the next year. I have already bought an AMD Athlon II X3 455, but I don't know which kind of motherboard I should get. I don't think I will upgrade this computer very soon after I get it, maybe a year for a graphics card, and even 3 to 4 years until a new CPU, if I end up needing more cores or more "horsepower" :p . I've heard that AM3+ is coming to a close in about a year and a half. Still, is having the luxury of compatibility for things like SLI and AM3+ worth the extra money, for the slim chance that I do want to upgrade? (I'm "very young", so I only get about $15 a week by mowing lawns.) Thanks if you replied! ;)

Solution
Geez :sarcastic: .... but if i have to bend down to the next gen starter-rig level then i'd say go and mow a couple more lawns and get this one.....ASUS M5A99X EVO AM3+ $134.99 :bounce:

But if it wont fit in your computer case then don't worry the 99$ asus will get the job done...

It got great potential for starter upgrades... and maybe you could wish for a cpu for birthday/christmas :ange:

GrandAndreasK

Honorable
Mar 29, 2012
Geez :sarcastic: .... but if i have to bend down to the next gen starter-rig level then i'd say go and mow a couple more lawns and get this one.....ASUS M5A99X EVO AM3+ $134.99 :bounce:

But if it wont fit in your computer case then don't worry the 99$ asus will get the job done...

It got great potential for starter upgrades... and maybe you could wish for a cpu for birthday/christmas :ange:

Solution

ChaseCTech

Honorable
Aug 7, 2012
I already bought an AMD Athlon II X3 455... and I think your link is "broken".

Status
Not open for further replies.