User Log On

Dear All,

How can I assign an automatic login to a user in Win XP without prompting him for the username or password.

Thanks
--
*********
IT Manager

kelly

1. Go to Start/Run and type in: control userpasswords2 and press ok.

2. On the Users tab, clear the Users Must Enter A User Name And Password To
Use This Computer check box and then click OK.

3. In the Automatically Log On dialog box that appears, type the user name
and password for the account you want to be logged on each time you start
your computer.

Tip:

Add Control UserPasswords2 to the Control Panel (Line 1)

All the Best,
Kelly

Microsoft-MVP Windows® XP
2004 Windows MVP "Winny" Award

Troubleshooting Windows XP
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com

Taskbar Repair Tool Plus!

"Ibrahim Awwad" <ibrahim_awwad(at)hotmail(dot)com(antispam)> wrote in
message news:CE50CDC4-1377-42A9-B08F-2E96AC8C4085@microsoft.com...
> Dear All,
>
> How can I assign an automatic login to a user in Win XP without
> prompting him for the username or password.
>
> Thanks
> --
> *********
> IT Manager
> DeLaval Ltd.
> Cairo-Egypt
> *********
> |Islam is peace not Terror|

Dear Kelly,
Thanks again for your quick reply. Well this could work in the Stand alone or work group PC. But what if I'm part of a Domain.

!!

--
*********
IT Manager