Unplugged! My computer won’t shut off!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reayah

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2011
My computer won’t shut off. :cry: I shut down in Windows, I unplug the power plug from the back, I remove the mb battery, and I hold the Power button down 40 seconds, and the CPU fan is still running STRONG, and the LED lights are all on in the front as if it were plugged in. So I unplugged the power leads from the mb "mother Board", and two days later the computer CPU fan is still running Strong with the lights on. My computer runs great! I can plug everything back in, and boot just fine after F1 because of battery reset. :eek: I just can not figure out where it is drawing so much power from. I can put my finger on the CPU fan and stop it, and this does not affect the LED lights, as they are always on. When I release the CPU fan it starts turning strong again. I first thought the magnets in the fan were generating the power for the LED's, but that is not the case. Can anyone give a suggestion as to where it draws its power? I am thinking Nikola Tesla has something to do with this. :sweat:

This is a desktop and not a laptop, right?? If it's a laptop, there's a big battery under the case usually :p.

The CMOS battery is just to maintain the BIOS info while no power to the mobo. It's usually the size of a quarter and no way would it power the CPU fan or case LEDs for days at a time - no direct connection anyway, unless a short in the mobo (in which case it likely would not work).

Try disconnecting every wire or cable from the desktop, one at a time - your LAN cable, then video cable, USB cables, etc and see if it continues. Since USB ports can carry something like 500mA, maybe a printer or something that you leave on is somehow providing juice to the mobo. So if you disconnect the printer USB cable and suddenly the fan and lights quit, you've found at least where the juice is getting into your desktop.

I think he is trolling LOL

I agree.

I don't see how it is technically possible for what he claims to actually occur.

If he takes the power cord out of the wall outlet, the computer WILL turn off.

If he pulls the power cords out of his parts while they are on enough times, those parts will be destroyed by power loss.

These things aren't really ifs in my experience.

Reayah

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2011
Like I have said; I did unplug the right plug, and not only that I pulled the cable out from the back, and pulled the Battery, and cables off the Motherboard. Absolutely nothing is connected to the motherboard. I even disconnected the Hard drives. Yes it is a Desktop PC.

I have noticed the CPU fan has permanent magnets, and Tesla was experimenting with the possibility of using AM frequency to transmit recoverable power. I have been having this situation for over a week now, and it is on going. I have a camera and I will video tape this, and post it to my youtube account tonight, then I will post a link here.

If I had a plausible Idea of what this could be I would not be posting here. I have an engineering degree, and know my way around computers very well. I also write code in many different languages; C, xcode, java, php. As3, VB, ASM, as well as, debug, and dumps. I do believe I have explained the situation very well. I really do not have an answer. I even put the computer in my car, and drove far enough away from power lines to eliminate this being the cause. There is an explanation, and I will find it. Let me reaffirm what I have, The CPU fan turns with a strong current, not just lightly. The led lights are ON! I have never seen anything like it before, and I have been building computers since the early 80’s. This is not normal.

I have a few suggestions for possible causes.

1) The sun is been changing, and we are experiencing a high level of solar activity in the past few months.
2) The gov. in 2000 forced ALL current board manufacturers to ALL put a chip on their boards so they can spy in every activity. I remember in 2000 Canon Copiers resisted this, and were forced to comply, or be blacklisted out of business. This was all part of the Patriot Act coming in 2001.
3) The earths magnetic strength is also been changing a lot in the last twenty years. From what I understand the magnetic strength is down by as much as75% lighter than it was in 1868 when it was first measured. There are many views as to why, some say it’s a cycle, other predict polar flip as we cross the Galactic plan. Ether way I really do not find this to be a effecting cause.
http://www.science27.com/Earth/index.htm

4) My CPU fan could be is picking up eddie current from near by wiring, but this I believe I ruled out when I took the computer away from the house, and ALL power lines by at least 2000 feet when I stopped to check it. Even if eddie current was the cause this would not effect the led’s.
5) I think the most plausible condition is the research our Gov. is doing “withharp”. This is the Tesla Theories in a focused beam. I am not trying to draw attention to this post, so you will need to remove the word “with” from the typo error above, and add another “a” then look it up in your browser the remaining word.

Btw I did not mean to post this question twice, as I posted once, and came back with an error, so I posted again, and I got two posts. Sorry. I will work on that video for you. I am not trolling. The video will confirm my claim.

Peace for now.

Watch there was a powerful fan pointing toward the inside of the PC from off the screen or something.

The specifications for both DVI and VGA cables show a +5v cable which means power is going from the PC to the monitor for things like Stand By mode when the monitor quits pulling from the wall and only sits there waiting for a wake up call by the computer telling it to again begin drawing from the wall.

Also, how would it work to drive around with the PC in the car and still have it on if it is like you mentioned. The monitor would have to be connected to the PC in the car and the monitor would have to be connected to some sort of AC source in the car in order for the video cable to be powering the CPU fan.

I am still not buying it.

Exactly what I was thinking and I'm not buying it either.

Or the fan was plugged into another power source that you couldn't see. The video is pretty low quality and I didn't see where on the mobo it was plugged into.

Status
Not open for further replies.