Sign in with
Your question

Class action lawsuit hp dv4

Last response: in CPUs
November 19, 2011 2:42:02 PM

Hello,
i have a hp 1225dx .It's been out of warrenty about a year.I thought it got hotter than my old laptop but did'nt know it was a problem until now.It gets real hot and shuts down in just maybe 5 min.Now after reading about the overheating problems with this model what can I do about it?Help please! I live on a small income and can't replace my laptop again.Ifeel at 66 it's my only helper with problems. Thanks
a c 127 à CPUs
November 19, 2011 4:50:36 PM

Easiest solutions? You could try a cooling pad. Laptops sometimes just get very warm, in fact most laptop CPUs are rated to take up to 100C. But a cooling pad can do wonders for laptops and are normally very cheap.
m
l
a c 152 à CPUs
November 19, 2011 4:55:39 PM

If your in the US go to a computer store like Best Buy and buy a cooling pad. Sometimes it helps sometimes they still overheat. Laptops just don't have the cooling like desktops do.
m
l
a c 117 à CPUs
November 19, 2011 8:40:01 PM

Either you, or someone you trust, can do a little dis-assembly and clean out any dust and dirt that may have accumulated.

Because of previous heat issues, there may also be a BIOS update available whose chief function is to run the fan(s) at higher RPMs to reduce temps.

Otherwise, keep the vents clear and consider a cooling pad as noted.
m
l
!