Sign in with
Your question

Client Mac Addr issue-please help

Last response: in Motherboards
August 22, 2012 1:51:35 AM

Okay, when I started up the computer today, it wouldn't turn on it just says the following:
Intel UNDI, PXE-2.1 (build 002)
Copyright (c) 1997-2000 Intel Corporation

For Realtek RTL8139(X)/8130/810X PCI Fast Ethernet Controller v2.16 (041224)

CLIENT MAC ADDR: 00 1B B9 A6 ED 85 GUID: FEFEFEFE-FEFE-FEFE-FEFE-FEFEFEFEFEFE PXE-E53 No boot filename received

PXE-M0F: Exiting PXE ROM
DISK BOOT FAILURE, INSERT SYSTEM DISK AND PRESS ENTER

I have tried reinstalling and repairing Windows XP, but whenever I do, I get the blue screen. By the way its on a eMachines W3629. Also, I looked up the Mac Addr and it says Elite Gro and I know there is a part on the motherboard that says EliteGroup on it. I have had computers crash on me before, but I have never had this happen to me. Please help.

More about : client mac addr issue

a c 236 V Motherboard
August 22, 2012 3:31:33 AM

You could disable booting from PXE, but it probably occurs because the disk is not detected or it no longer is bootable; therefore the sysytem tries to boot from the next device. Check the boot order of your system. What BSOD error do you get?
m
l
a b V Motherboard
August 22, 2012 4:11:43 PM

Unfortunaely, we don't have any information about the motherboard inside your machine. ECS is only the OEM manufacturer for eMachine. Only eMachine company has the information about all hardware inside the system. Please contact eMachine support for more information about this issue:

http://support.gateway.com/us/en/emac/options.aspx
m
l
!