Sign in with
Your question

No display with new PC

Last response: in Motherboards
August 22, 2012 10:17:22 AM

Hi guys,

I assembled a new computer, but when I boot it the screen says:"no video signal". The computer boots though, everything seems to be working inside.
I tried to boot it with another screen, same issue. My first thought was that it should be something with the video card but it is installed correctly and is is compatible with my motherboard.

My specs:
Intel Core i7-3770
8GB KIT (2 X 4GB) 1600MHZ DDR3 9-9-9-24 CORSAIR VENGEANCE
msi N560GTX-Ti Twin Frozr II 2GDS (PCIe 2.0)
700W PSU
120GB Vertex 3 OCZ SSD
Motherboard: ASUS P8Z77-V LE (SOCKET 1155, DDR3,...)

More about : display

Related resources
August 22, 2012 10:56:32 AM

I c. Well for my case, i know for sure is the Ram's fault cause of the debug LED. I might just try some other RAMS and see if its works. Those RAM i showed you are not on the list of supported RAM by GA-Z77-UD3H(My board). If thats the case, im actually quite surprised that thats the reason why. Maybe you should check too for your ASUS Mobo.
August 22, 2012 12:29:02 PM

I have this Red LED lighting up on my MOBO next to the RAM sockets when booting. Does this mean my RAM is not supported? This might be the cause.
a b V Motherboard
August 22, 2012 1:16:27 PM

The bios may have defaulted to onboard video out so you need to attach the video cable to the onboard video out. Usually, the VGA is default but I'm not too sure with these later model motherboards. Once you do get video out display, you need to change the display mode to the video card (could be called PEG1).
August 22, 2012 2:49:48 PM

TenPc said:
The bios may have defaulted to onboard video out so you need to attach the video cable to the onboard video out. Usually, the VGA is default but I'm not too sure with these later model motherboards. Once you do get video out display, you need to change the display mode to the video card (could be called PEG1).

I sounded like a great solution but i tried to connect 2 different screens to the onboard VGA, DVI and HDMI. But no success, still no signal :( 
August 22, 2012 8:29:33 PM

shang1990 said:
I c. Well for my case, i know for sure is the Ram's fault cause of the debug LED. I might just try some other RAMS and see if its works. Those RAM i showed you are not on the list of supported RAM by GA-Z77-UD3H(My board). If thats the case, im actually quite surprised that thats the reason why. Maybe you should check too for your ASUS Mobo.

Tried with other RAM sticks, doesnt work either ...
!