revolution; what would you like to see from it?

I'm curious what others would want to see on this system?

DVD capabilities? play GC games?

I'm a bit anxious to see more details on it, but am a little bummed too,
everytime a new system is released the old one dies. I guess I'm kind of
dreaming that the new system will play old GC games.

Casey Terwilliger wrote:
> I'm curious what others would want to see on this system?
>
> DVD capabilities? play GC games?
>
> I'm a bit anxious to see more details on it, but am a little bummed too,
> everytime a new system is released the old one dies. I guess I'm kind of
> dreaming that the new system will play old GC games.

Some of these are probably givens, others are just dreams:

Backwards compatability w/GC would be great, ditto for cartridge slots
for N64 and SNES.

It needs multi-player support. The worst option would be an X-Box Live
kind of thing that you have to pay for annually. I hope they release a
Windows/Linux server client for people to run gamer servers on their PCs
(the way PC online gaming works, you don't pay to play, you only pay
your normal ISP charges), OR let each console be a server (though this
option is less attractive to me. Oh yeah, and built-in wireless broadband.

Some kind of flash card memory system. They have flash cards up to a
gig these days, this would let you easily transfer data between the
system and your PC, as well as hold enough space to be a memory card and
HD in one.

Blu-Ray instead of HD-DVD. I know, Sony and Nintendo are competitors,
but if Toshiba (HD-DVD) and Sony (Blu-Ray) can cooperate on the Cell
processor, surely Nintendo can stoop to license the Blu-Ray technology
from Sony? Blu-Ray seems to be the format of the future, it has better
storage capacity, is better made, more resilient than DVD, and has a lot
of studios backing it. Sony has thousands of movie titles ready to be
released.

Built-in digital sound and video output, i.e. component, firewire, etc.
They should also make ALL games 16:9 compatible.

No funky button placements like the z-button on the otherwise sinfully
comfy GC controller.