HELP: I GET ERROR 1324 INSTALLING PSP 7.

Last response: in Digital Camera
March 25, 2005 11:00:27 AM

Archived from groups: comp.graphics.apps.paint-shop-pro,comp.graphics.apps.photoshop,comp.graphics.apps.lightwave,comp.graphics.apps.gimp,rec.photo.digital (More info?)

Hello,

When I try to install Jasc Paint Shop Pro 7, it starts installing for
about 2 minutes, then it gets to the "Install" screen and stops with
the error message:

Error 1324. The path Program Files contains an invalid character.

There was one previous post on this, from 2002, but it didn't have a
definite answer. Also, in that post it said that the path "My
Pictures" had an illegal character.

Any help would be appreciated.

- Marc
Anonymous
March 25, 2005 1:26:49 PM

Archived from groups: comp.graphics.apps.paint-shop-pro,comp.graphics.apps.photoshop,comp.graphics.apps.lightwave,comp.graphics.apps.gimp,rec.photo.digital (More info?)

"Program files" and "My Pictures" have one thing in common ... the space.
When installing, just install to somewhere besides the default ... IE: C:\psp7
and this problem should disappear.

--
CWC
============================

<marcsanders2003@yahoo.com> wrote in message
| Hello,
|
| When I try to install Jasc Paint Shop Pro 7, it starts installing for
| about 2 minutes, then it gets to the "Install" screen and stops with
| the error message:
|
| Error 1324. The path Program Files contains an invalid character.
|
| There was one previous post on this, from 2002, but it didn't have a
| definite answer. Also, in that post it said that the path "My
| Pictures" had an illegal character.
|
| Any help would be appreciated.
|
| - Marc

Anonymous
March 25, 2005 2:05:31 PM

Archived from groups: comp.graphics.apps.paint-shop-pro,comp.graphics.apps.photoshop,comp.graphics.apps.lightwave,comp.graphics.apps.gimp,rec.photo.digital (More info?)

>When I try to install Jasc Paint Shop Pro 7, it starts installing for
>about 2 minutes, then it gets to the "Install" screen and stops with
>the error message

You are lucky it stops before actually loading. Unfortunately for me I
was able to load a trial copy. Then PSP wouldn't open any of my 16 bit
files so I had to use a real editor and convert them to 8 bits first.
Then it stripped off any ICC profiles I had tagged files with except
for sRGB. Then I deleted it from my system and all was well again.
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
March 25, 2005 3:59:32 PM

Archived from groups: comp.graphics.apps.paint-shop-pro,comp.graphics.apps.photoshop,comp.graphics.apps.lightwave,comp.graphics.apps.gimp,rec.photo.digital (More info?)

marcsanders2003@yahoo.com wrote:

> Hello,
>
> When I try to install Jasc Paint Shop Pro 7, it starts installing for
> about 2 minutes, then it gets to the "Install" screen and stops with
> the error message:

I think you need to learn about USENET and crossposting first.

You've crossposted to several groups that have absolutely nothing
to do with Paint Shop Pro.

Do you have to demonstrate some sort of stupidity level before
Google will let you use their services ?
Anonymous
March 25, 2005 9:24:04 PM

Archived from groups: comp.graphics.apps.paint-shop-pro,comp.graphics.apps.lightwave,comp.graphics.apps.gimp,rec.photo.digital (More info?)

Well Tim, Henery is right one should have some sense of what he is
doing, what's the logic between PSP and GIMP anyway??
Anonymous
March 25, 2005 9:29:50 PM

Archived from groups: comp.graphics.apps.paint-shop-pro,comp.graphics.apps.lightwave,comp.graphics.apps.gimp,rec.photo.digital (More info?)

Yeah crossposting is a sin.... the other sin is sitting in a little dark room in
your underwear, all alone, cowering behind your computer, somehow believing that
society elected you the USENET cop. Here's a rule of thumb for the Usenet: If
you don't have a useful and helpful response for the original poster, don't
respond at all.

Tim

"Henry" <hweinst@photnet.com> wrote in message
marcsanders2003@yahoo.com wrote:

> Hello,
>
> When I try to install Jasc Paint Shop Pro 7, it starts installing for
> about 2 minutes, then it gets to the "Install" screen and stops with
> the error message:

I think you need to learn about USENET and crossposting first.

You've crossposted to several groups that have absolutely nothing
to do with Paint Shop Pro.

Do you have to demonstrate some sort of stupidity level before
Google will let you use their services ?
March 25, 2005 10:05:27 PM

Archived from groups: comp.graphics.apps.paint-shop-pro,comp.graphics.apps.photoshop,comp.graphics.apps.lightwave,comp.graphics.apps.gimp,rec.photo.digital (More info?)

<marcsanders2003@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> When I try to install Jasc Paint Shop Pro 7, it starts installing for
> about 2 minutes, then it gets to the "Install" screen and stops with
> the error message:
>
> Error 1324. The path Program Files contains an invalid character.
>
> There was one previous post on this, from 2002, but it didn't have a
> definite answer. Also, in that post it said that the path "My
> Pictures" had an illegal character.
>
> Any help would be appreciated.
>
> - Marc

Try accessing the psp newsgroups at: cnews.corel.com . That is where the
psp newsgroups moved to and someone there can probably help.
Anonymous
March 26, 2005 2:03:07 AM

Archived from groups: comp.graphics.apps.paint-shop-pro,rec.photo.digital (More info?)

<marcsanders2003@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> When I try to install Jasc Paint Shop Pro 7, it starts installing for
> about 2 minutes, then it gets to the "Install" screen and stops with
> the error message:
>
> Error 1324. The path Program Files contains an invalid character.
>
> There was one previous post on this, from 2002, but it didn't have a
> definite answer. Also, in that post it said that the path "My
> Pictures" had an illegal character.
>
> Any help would be appreciated.
>
> - Marc

You didn't specify the OS. But on the assumption that somehow your Windows
installation isn't working properly with long filenames (and by extension,
folders with spaces), there might be a workaround.

The MS-DOS equivalent for the C:\Program Files directory is usually
C:\PROGRA~1. Also, the MS-DOS equivalent for C:\My Documents is usually
C:\MYDOCU~1, and MS-DOS equivalent for C:\My Pictures is usually
C:\MYPICT~1.

So, you could try specifying the MS-DOS equivalent folder name, C:\PROGRA~1,
instead of using C:\Program Files.

Otherwise, just don't install to C:\Program Files at all... you could
specify C:\PSP7 as an alternate path (for example).

Obligatory Disclaimer: use of this information is at your own risk, without
any express or implied warranty. I am not responsible for any system crashes
or data loss as the result of following this information.
Anonymous
March 26, 2005 3:56:46 AM

On 25 Mar 2005 08:00:27 -0800, marcsanders2003@yahoo.com wrote:

>Hello,
>
>When I try to install Jasc Paint Shop Pro 7, it starts installing for
>about 2 minutes, then it gets to the "Install" screen and stops with
>the error message:
>
> Error 1324. The path Program Files contains an invalid character.
>
>There was one previous post on this, from 2002, but it didn't have a
>definite answer. Also, in that post it said that the path "My
>Pictures" had an illegal character.
>
>Any help would be appreciated.

I suspect that it's due to the fact that you can't read, which is also
why you posted in a Photoshop newsgroup.

--

Hecate - The Real One
Hecate@newsguy.com

Archived from groups: comp.graphics.apps.paint-shop-pro,comp.graphics.apps.photoshop,comp.graphics.apps.lightwave,comp.graphics.apps.gimp,rec.photo.digital (More info?)

marcsanders2003@yahoo.com wrote:

> Hello,
>
> When I try to install Jasc Paint Shop Pro 7, it starts installing for
> about 2 minutes, then it gets to the "Install" screen and stops with
> the error message:
>
> Error 1324. The path Program Files contains an invalid character.

Sounds like an identity theft problem to me.

:-)

Uni
Anonymous
March 26, 2005 8:46:16 PM

Archived from groups: comp.graphics.apps.paint-shop-pro,comp.graphics.apps.lightwave,comp.graphics.apps.gimp,rec.photo.digital (More info?)

Dave, I was thinking you didnt have a clue of what you were writing,
BTW I am not going down to your "selfless - righteousness". I am not
sure if badmouthing is you way to help

GO get HELP !!

Destin_Fl
"
he world don't like.
"Not likely Tim. You ___________t !"

Just to add I am not supporting any of that stuff, BTW and I am also
new to
the usenet. though I had used forum previously.

Got one lesson today not to corsspost on a cross post ;)
Anonymous
March 28, 2005 5:22:33 PM

Archived from groups: comp.graphics.apps.paint-shop-pro,comp.graphics.apps.photoshop,comp.graphics.apps.lightwave,comp.graphics.apps.gimp,rec.photo.digital (More info?)

On 25 Mar 2005 08:00:27 -0800, in several off-topic newsgroups,
marcsanders2003@yahoo.com wrote:

> From: marcsanders2003@yahoo.com
> Newsgroups: comp.graphics.apps.paint-shop-pro,
> comp.graphics.apps.photoshop,
> comp.graphics.apps.lightwave,
> comp.graphics.apps.gimp,
> rec.photo.digital
> Subject: HELP: I GET ERROR 1324 INSTALLING PSP 7.
[snip]

And this has precisely *what* to do with Photoshop? Or Lightwave? Or The
GIMP? Or digital photography in general?

Some of the remedial Usenet 101 lessons you quite obviously so desperately
need can be had at (in no particular order):

<http://www.ibiblio.org/usenet-i/usenet-help.html&gt;
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Usenet&gt;
<http://www.softdevlabs.com/Usenet101.html&gt;
<http://www.newsville.com/news/usenet.faq.html&gt;
<ftp://rtfm.mit.edu/pub/usenet-by-group/news.groups/NEW_...[news.groups]>
<ftp://rtfm.mit.edu/pub/usenet-by-group/news.groups/How_...;
<ftp://rtfm.mit.edu/pub/usenet-by-group/news.groups/Usen...;
<http://vancouver-webpages.com/nnq/&gt;
<http://www.its.caltech.edu/its/services/internetapps/ne...;
<http://www.faqs.org/faqs/usenet/emily-postnews/part1/&g...;

HTH. HAND. RTFM. FOAD.

--

Jay T. Blocksom
--------------------------------

-- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759.
Unsolicited advertising sent to this domain is expressly prohibited under
47 USC S227 and State Law. Violators are subject to prosecution.
Anonymous
March 28, 2005 5:22:35 PM

Archived from groups: comp.graphics.apps.paint-shop-pro,comp.graphics.apps.lightwave,comp.graphics.apps.gimp,rec.photo.digital (More info?)

On Fri, 25 Mar 2005 18:29:50 -0600, in several off-topic newsgroups,
"Destin_FL" <mounttimmy@yahoo.com> wrote:

> From: "Destin_FL" <mounttimmy@yahoo.com>
> Newsgroups: comp.graphics.apps.paint-shop-pro,
> comp.graphics.apps.lightwave,
> comp.graphics.apps.gimp,
> rec.photo.digital
[snip]

> Yeah crossposting is a sin.... the other sin is sitting in a little dark
> room in your underwear, all alone, cowering behind your computer, somehow
> believing that society elected you the USENET cop.
[snip]

Said by a top-posting, full-quoting, MSOE-using mouth-breather...

--

Jay T. Blocksom
--------------------------------
Appropriate Technology, Inc.
usenet02[at]appropriate-tech.net

-- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759.
Unsolicited advertising sent to this domain is expressly prohibited under
47 USC S227 and State Law. Violators are subject to prosecution.
Anonymous
April 22, 2005 11:04:21 AM

Archived from groups: comp.graphics.apps.paint-shop-pro,comp.graphics.apps.lightwave,comp.graphics.apps.gimp,rec.photo.digital (More info?)

I'm not stupid. I don't know anything about PSP and I needed to get it
installed. Posting to several "comp.graphics" groups maximized the
number of people who would read my question, which increases the
probability of getting an answer.

"Usenet" may be part of a bygone world. It is not necessary to know
anything about "Usenet" in order to profitably use group-search.
Google provides for cross-posting to 5 groups. If cross-posting is
such a terrible sin, maybe you should take it up with Google.
Anonymous
April 22, 2005 11:07:18 AM

Archived from groups: comp.graphics.apps.paint-shop-pro,comp.graphics.apps.lightwave,comp.graphics.apps.gimp,rec.photo.digital (More info?)

Thank you. I didn't expect so much hostility on a non-political group.
In areas where I have knowledge, I provide it freely to others. That
is what the Internet is all about.
Anonymous
April 22, 2005 12:01:32 PM

Archived from groups: comp.graphics.apps.paint-shop-pro,comp.graphics.apps.lightwave,comp.graphics.apps.gimp,rec.photo.digital (More info?)

Do me a favor. Sit on it and rotate.
Anonymous
April 22, 2005 3:22:15 PM

Archived from groups: comp.graphics.apps.paint-shop-pro,rec.photo.digital (More info?)

Thanks. I'll try it.
Anonymous
April 22, 2005 3:51:24 PM

Archived from groups: comp.graphics.apps.paint-shop-pro,comp.graphics.apps.photoshop,comp.graphics.apps.lightwave,comp.graphics.apps.gimp,rec.photo.digital (More info?)

I just wanted to apologize to everyone for causing such a MASSIVE
amount of difficulty by sending my post to 5 groups. It was really all
Mr. GOOGLE'S fault! I didn't know that I needed a PhD in Usenetology
in order to ask a simple question! I thought that you just enter a
question and people would answer it. How naieve I was back then!

Furthermore, the cross-posting is ALSO the fault of Mr Google, because
he allows 5 groups to be cross-posted to. Little did I realize the
HORRORS that this caused the poor group members, who have had to waste
1.5 seconds deleting each message from their mailboxes! Maybe we can
arrange reparations payments for the horrible difficulties that I have
caused them.

I appreciate the work that you have done in presenting me a
bibliography of summer reading about Usenetology. However, as has been
established by several members of these groups, I am a lazy, retarded
loser who doesn't even know how to read! So how on earth am I supposed
to read articles written at MIT.EDU?

My problem with reading about the Usenet is that I fall asleep after
reading each paragraph. As much as I heroically have tried to read all
of those Usenet posts, I simply can not stay awake through themn all.
So I ask you, would it be possible for you, or someone else to write
the following in 50 words or less: What the Usenet is, why
cross-posting is bad, and what else I should know about the Usenet.

I'll pick up the 500 pages of details later. I promise.

Thank you.

PS: What are HTH, HAND, RTFM, FOAD? Or is that only for the initiated
to know?
Anonymous
April 22, 2005 4:47:40 PM

| And once I get these "reams of information", exactly what am I supposed
| to do with them? Sell them to the paper-recycler? I don't want reams
| of information. I want an answer to my question in 25 words or less.

Don't install to a path that has a space in it anywhere.

12 words, how's that?

--
CWC
============================
It's not that nice guys finish last,
They have a whole different notion
where the finish line is.
============================
Anonymous
April 22, 2005 8:28:33 PM

Archived from groups: comp.graphics.apps.paint-shop-pro,comp.graphics.apps.lightwave,comp.graphics.apps.gimp,rec.photo.digital (More info?)

Go to Corel's server, and sign on to whatever PSP newsgroup you like. They
have some fifteen that are orientated toward PSP.

> I'm not stupid. I don't know anything about PSP and I needed to get it
> installed. Posting to several "comp.graphics" groups maximized the
> number of people who would read my question, which increases the
> probability of getting an answer.
>
> "Usenet" may be part of a bygone world. It is not necessary to know
> anything about "Usenet" in order to profitably use group-search.
> Google provides for cross-posting to 5 groups. If cross-posting is
> such a terrible sin, maybe you should take it up with Google.

April 25, 2005 8:25:21 PM

marcsanders2003@yahoo.com wrote in news:1114195884.856955.11710
@l41g2000cwc.googlegroups.com:

> I just wanted to apologize to everyone for causing such a MASSIVE
> amount of difficulty by sending my post to 5 groups. It was really all
> Mr. GOOGLE'S fault! I didn't know that I needed a PhD in Usenetology
> in order to ask a simple question! I thought that you just enter a
> question and people would answer it. How naieve I was back then!
>
> Furthermore, the cross-posting is ALSO the fault of Mr Google, because
> he allows 5 groups to be cross-posted to. Little did I realize the
> HORRORS that this caused the poor group members, who have had to waste
> 1.5 seconds deleting each message from their mailboxes! Maybe we can
> arrange reparations payments for the horrible difficulties that I have
> caused them.
>
> I appreciate the work that you have done in presenting me a
> bibliography of summer reading about Usenetology. However, as has been
> established by several members of these groups, I am a lazy, retarded
> loser who doesn't even know how to read! So how on earth am I supposed
> to read articles written at MIT.EDU?
>
> My problem with reading about the Usenet is that I fall asleep after
> reading each paragraph. As much as I heroically have tried to read all
> of those Usenet posts, I simply can not stay awake through themn all.
> So I ask you, would it be possible for you, or someone else to write
> the following in 50 words or less: What the Usenet is, why
> cross-posting is bad, and what else I should know about the Usenet.
>
> I'll pick up the 500 pages of details later. I promise.
>
> Thank you.
>
> PS: What are HTH, HAND, RTFM, FOAD? Or is that only for the initiated
> to know?

Trust me. You really don't need, or in some cases, want to know. Near as
I can tell all initials are emotional responses some good some bad. They
convey no useful information. HAND is Have A Nice Day. FOAD is F--k off
and die.

So you can ignore the initials for the most part without missing much.

Isn't it a pleasure to be a net novice? The welcome party is always so
helpful and tolerant these days. Thank God, no one has figured out a way
to shoot live ammo over the internet - yet.

See you in the funnies.
!