6870 bus interface in GPU-Z

RuLeBre@KeR

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2011
Hello All,

Recently i bought MSI Radeon 6870 twin frozer ii . I had very bad experience with this card till now as iam getting very low fps in all the games than what this card is capable of. So , i checked it with GPU-Z and what i observed is that the bus interface is showing as PCI-E 2.0 x16 @ x1 2.0.
So ,I replaced it with my old card (9600gt) , and for it is showing the bus interface as PCI-E 2.0 x16 @ x16 2.0 . In modern warfare 2 iam getting 52 fps with 9600gt and 30 fps with 6870. Here is the GPU-Z screenshot :

ff6.png

Even though iam playing the game it is still remaining at that value only. What do you guys think is the problem? I think i can get some help to resolve this in this forums.

Yes we can't really help you unless you tell us more inofrmantion about your PC.

What are you full system specs(PSU,Mobo,RAM,CPU,etc.)

GPU-Z is showing you card running at it's full clock speeds so it's not a downclocking issue which would be releated to power or heat.
I think the problem lies with your mobo not the card.List your mobo and other specs and maybe we can make more direct assumptions.

4745454b

Titan
Most likely the motherboard. AMD cards support PCIe 2.1, and can have issues in older PCIe 1.0 boards. I'd love to know what board you have. The good news is that if it is the board, a bios update should fix the problem. Assuming there is an update available.

RuLeBre@KeR

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2011
PSU - Corsair VX 450
Mobo - Biostar TA-790GXBE
RAM - 4 gb 667mhz
CPU- Phenom II X4 965 BE @ 3.4 Ghz
Monitor - HCL 17 " LCD monitor
Hard Disk - Seagate Barracuda 500 GB 7200.12

Reply me fast please....Iam waiting for your reply.....

Biostar website

http://www.biostar-usa.com/app/en-us/mb/introduction.php?S_ID=419

Newegg

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813138158&cm_re=TA-790GXBE-_-13-138-158-_-Product

The website is saying that the bus speed is supposed to run at 2.0.So that cancels out that being the problem.

It doesn't make sense but maybe whenever you put in the 6870 your mobo might be treating it as a regular PCI-Express x1 slot,for whatever reason.Try updating the BIOS.
Doesn't seem like they have any BIOS updates pertaing to this issue.Although it's always worth a shot.

Before you try to update the BIOS try disabling the on board video and set the PCI-Express as the default.

4745454b

Titan
Don't bump threads, makes the mod gods angry.

The 790 should be new enough to handle PCIe 2.1 cards. You might want to look for a bios update just in case. The VX450 only has one PCIe plug, so make sure the adapter you used is hooked up properly.