Need help with components

Gobra

Distinguished
Aug 21, 2011
Hey everyone, i hope you can help me!

My PC has got a little outdated and instead of buying a new one i want to buy a new Motherboard/CPU bundle, i already have a decent graphics card, only thing is im realy confused as to what im looking at, ive no idea on value ect, so bascialy im looking to spend around $200, its got to be good for gaming, only thing i know is that my current Gcard runs on PCI Express, i dont know any other variables that comes into it!

would greatly appreciate any help, and sorry if ive not provided all the information needed but im abit noobish at this stuff!

It kinda depends on what GPU you have and whether you want to overclock but a good idea would be to get an i3-2100 and an ASRock H61M-VS. Comes to $185 on Newegg. You won't be able to overclock but it will perform really well.

I should say too, don't be fooled by the fact the i3 is a dual core. In games it performs about as well as a Phenom II x6 1100T, Phenom II x4 970 or an i5-750.

http://www.anandtech.com/show/4083/the-sandy-bridge-review-intel-core-i7-2600k-i5-2500k-core-i3-2100-tested/20

Gobra

Distinguished
Aug 21, 2011
Thanks alot, my Graphics card is an ATI Radeon HD 4600 series, im not bothered about overclocking, as i dont actualy know what it is/does :) but those youv suggested look very good i believe!