Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Photoshop Elements and Raw files

Last response: in Digital Camera
Share
March 25, 2005 7:41:47 PM

Archived from groups: rec.photo.digital (More info?)

I recently bought a Canon 300D which came with PS Elements 2. I thought it
would have been able to read RAW files but apparently it is only from
Elements 3 that can do this. I downloaded the RAW plug-in but again it says
it has to be Elements 3.
I've searched Adobes site to see if Elements 2 can be upgraded to 3 but
can't find any mention of it.

Am I looking in the wrong place, can this be done?

Cheers
T.
Anonymous
March 25, 2005 7:41:48 PM

Archived from groups: rec.photo.digital (More info?)

Toni wrote:
> I recently bought a Canon 300D which came with PS Elements 2. I
thought it
> would have been able to read RAW files but apparently it is only from
> Elements 3 that can do this. I downloaded the RAW plug-in but again
it says
> it has to be Elements 3.
> I've searched Adobes site to see if Elements 2 can be upgraded to 3
but
> can't find any mention of it.
>
> Am I looking in the wrong place, can this be done?
>
> Cheers
> T.

I am not sure if there is an upgrade path, I simply bought a copy of
Elements 3, it is cheap enough that I did not worry about it. It
mainly the raw feature of Elements 3 that made be buy it, and I have
been very happy with that.

Scott
Anonymous
March 25, 2005 7:41:48 PM

Archived from groups: rec.photo.digital (More info?)

Toni wrote:
> I recently bought a Canon 300D which came with PS Elements 2. I
thought it
> would have been able to read RAW files but apparently it is only from
> Elements 3 that can do this. I downloaded the RAW plug-in but again
it says
> it has to be Elements 3.

If you can find somewhere the OLD Adobe Camera Raw 1.0 plug-in, it
*_might_* work in PE2, and then it can read 300D CRW files with a
modification documented here :
http://www.rogercavanagh.com/pstips/tip08-1.stm .

Not sure this helps, but I hope so.


Nicolas
Take away the anti-spam ("je n'aime pas la pub" means "I don't like
ads" in french) to answer personally...
Related resources
Anonymous
March 25, 2005 7:41:48 PM

Archived from groups: rec.photo.digital (More info?)

>I've searched Adobes site to see if Elements 2 can be upgraded to 3
>but can't find any mention of it.

Local stores here often advertise a $30 upgrade rebate for E 3.
March 25, 2005 8:37:47 PM

Archived from groups: rec.photo.digital (More info?)

"Bill Hilton" <bhilton665@aol.com> wrote:

>>I've searched Adobes site to see if Elements 2 can be upgraded to 3
>>but can't find any mention of it.
>
>Local stores here often advertise a $30 upgrade rebate for E 3.

But he doesn't have anything other than the cd that came with camera.
I recieved 2.0 with my Epson scanner but didn't have what it took to
claim the rebate. Now with 4.0 :) , I'll have what I need.

Wes

--
Reply to:
Whiskey Echo Sierra Sierra AT Gee Tee EYE EYE dot COM
Lycos address is a spam trap.
Anonymous
March 25, 2005 11:00:37 PM

Archived from groups: rec.photo.digital (More info?)

Toni wrote:
> I recently bought a Canon 300D which came with PS Elements 2. I thought it
> would have been able to read RAW files but apparently it is only from
> Elements 3 that can do this. I downloaded the RAW plug-in but again it says
> it has to be Elements 3.
> I've searched Adobes site to see if Elements 2 can be upgraded to 3 but
> can't find any mention of it.
>
> Am I looking in the wrong place, can this be done?
>
> Cheers
> T.
>
>
>
>
>
I believe you can get a slight break on the price for an upgrade. There
is also a trial version you can download to see if you think PSE3 is
worth the price. Sam's Wholesale sells PSE3 for $78.


--
Ron Hunter rphunter@charter.net
Anonymous
March 25, 2005 11:00:38 PM

Archived from groups: rec.photo.digital (More info?)

Ron Hunter wrote:
> Toni wrote:
>> I recently bought a Canon 300D which came with PS Elements 2. I
>> thought it would have been able to read RAW files but apparently it
>> is only from Elements 3 that can do this. I downloaded the RAW
>> plug-in but again it says it has to be Elements 3.
>> I've searched Adobes site to see if Elements 2 can be upgraded to 3
>> but can't find any mention of it.
>>
>> Am I looking in the wrong place, can this be done?
>>
>> Cheers
>> T.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
> I believe you can get a slight break on the price for an upgrade.
> There is also a trial version you can download to see if you think
> PSE3 is
> worth the price. Sam's Wholesale sells PSE3 for $78.

Costco has a coupon valid March 28 - April 3: $30.00 off at the register
= $49.95. I might even be tempted ...


--
Frank ess
Anonymous
March 25, 2005 11:06:12 PM

Archived from groups: rec.photo.digital (More info?)

On 25 Mar 2005 09:17:21 -0800, "Scott W" <biphoto@hotmail.com> wrote:

>
>Toni wrote:
>> I recently bought a Canon 300D which came with PS Elements 2. I
>thought it
>> would have been able to read RAW files but apparently it is only from
>> Elements 3 that can do this. I downloaded the RAW plug-in but again
>it says
>> it has to be Elements 3.
>> I've searched Adobes site to see if Elements 2 can be upgraded to 3
>but
>> can't find any mention of it.
>>
>> Am I looking in the wrong place, can this be done?
>>
>> Cheers
>> T.
>
>I am not sure if there is an upgrade path, I simply bought a copy of
>Elements 3, it is cheap enough that I did not worry about it. It
>mainly the raw feature of Elements 3 that made be buy it, and I have
>been very happy with that.
>
>Scott

There is a $20 mail in rebate if you are upgrading, unitl 4/30.
Anonymous
March 26, 2005 6:33:46 AM

Archived from groups: rec.photo.digital (More info?)

Frank ess wrote:
> Ron Hunter wrote:
>
>>Toni wrote:
>>
>>>I recently bought a Canon 300D which came with PS Elements 2. I
>>>thought it would have been able to read RAW files but apparently it
>>>is only from Elements 3 that can do this. I downloaded the RAW
>>>plug-in but again it says it has to be Elements 3.
>>> I've searched Adobes site to see if Elements 2 can be upgraded to 3
>>>but can't find any mention of it.
>>>
>>>Am I looking in the wrong place, can this be done?
>>>
>>>Cheers
>>>T.
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>
>>I believe you can get a slight break on the price for an upgrade.
>>There is also a trial version you can download to see if you think
>>PSE3 is
>>worth the price. Sam's Wholesale sells PSE3 for $78.
>
>
> Costco has a coupon valid March 28 - April 3: $30.00 off at the register
> = $49.95. I might even be tempted ...
>
>
In spite of some ugly 'warts' on the Organizer part of the package, it
is well worth the $50 I spent on it. Adobe even allows loading it on a
laptop and desktop without violating the EULA.


--
Ron Hunter rphunter@charter.net
Anonymous
March 26, 2005 1:44:27 PM

Archived from groups: rec.photo.digital (More info?)

>>Toni wrote:
>>>I recently bought a Canon 300D which came with PS Elements 2. I
>>>thought it would have been able to read RAW files but apparently it
>>>is only from Elements 3 that can do this. I downloaded the RAW
>>>plug-in but again it says it has to be Elements 3.
>>> I've searched Adobes site to see if Elements 2 can be upgraded to 3
>>>but can't find any mention of it.
>>>Am I looking in the wrong place, can this be done?

>>I believe you can get a slight break on the price for an upgrade.
>>There is also a trial version you can download to see if you think
>>PSE3 is worth the price. Sam's Wholesale sells PSE3 for $78.

> Costco has a coupon valid March 28 - April 3: $30.00 off at the register
> = $49.95. I might even be tempted ...

When I bought Adobe's Photoshop Elements 3, the box had a rebate coupon
for people with a registered copy of PE 2. Maybe they stopped putting
the coupons in the boxes.

--
Pardon my spam deterrent; send email to rhodyman@earthlink.net
Cheers, Steve Henning in Reading, PA USA
http://home.earthlink.net/~rhodyman
!