Mobo CPU support

Hello,
Trying to match a Phenom II x4 to an Asus V7-M4A3000E. I cannot source any of the models listed in the UK! Nearest I can get is Phenom II x4 925. Model number supported reads
HDX925WFK4DGI. I can find one that reads
HDX925WFG1BOX, but is that number close enough?? Seems gone are the days when u just bought a Skt *** obo mand all skt *** were supported !
14 answers Last reply
More about mobo support
  1. How close do you have to match an AMD model number for a CPU to be supported by a Mobo?
    Trying to match a Phenom II x4 to an Asus V7-M4A3000E. Cannot source an exact match anywhere in the UK for listed quad cores.
    Nearest I can get is for a x4 925. Model number supported reads
    HDX925WFK4DGM. Nearest I can find is
    HDX925WFG1BOX but would this be close enough for a match? Don't want the dreaded 'CPU not recognised', they're too expensive for trial-and-error!
  2. update bios.
  3. http://products.amd.com/en-us/DesktopCPUDetail.aspx?id=524&f1=&f2=&f3=&f4=&f5=&f6=&f7=&f8=&f9=&f10=&f11=&f12=

    You have one part wrong, its an I no a 1 so it would be HDX925WFGIBOX.

    The number on Asus support site is the tray number while the number you are putting is the PIB number. But essentially the HDX925WFK4DGM and HDX925WFGIBOX are the exact same CPU (Phenom II X4 925 C2 stepping), so your mobo will support it, look at the link I provided to verify my info.
  4. pro-gamer said:
    update bios.

    OK. But the latest BIOS updates are shown beside the supported CPUs see http://www.asus.com/Barebone_PC/V_Series_2530L/V7M4A3000E/#CPUS
    If the exact CPU model number is not listed, will it be supported is the question...
  5. This next topics has been merged by Mousemonkey
    Asus Mobo CPU Support
  6. your cpu is listed in the support list of cpu.update bios
  7. jimmysmitty said:
    http://products.amd.com/en-us/DesktopCPUDetail.aspx?id=524&f1=&f2=&f3=&f4=&f5=&f6=&f7=&f8=&f9=&f10=&f11=&f12=

    You have one part wrong, its an I no a 1 so it would be HDX925WFGIBOX.

    The number on Asus support site is the tray number while the number you are putting is the PIB number. But essentially the HDX925WFK4DGM and HDX925WFGIBOX are the exact same CPU (Phenom II X4 925 C2 stepping), so your mobo will support it, look at the link I provided to verify my info.


    Thanks. I suspected there were two different numbers for the same model but didn't know where to look to cross match.
  8. pro-gamer said:
    your cpu is listed in the support list of cpu.update bios


    Thanks. But where is that listed? a link might help...!
  9. Phenom IIX4 925 (HDX925WFK4DGI),2.8GHz,95W,rev.C2,SocketAM3,Quad-Core

    in your first link see at the last fifth number.
  10. pro-gamer said:
    Phenom IIX4 925 (HDX925WFK4DGI),2.8GHz,95W,rev.C2,SocketAM3,Quad-Core

    in your first link see at the last fifth number.

    Gotcha! But then I hadn't realised the difference between PIB and Tray numbers...
  11. hmm, did you update your bios?
  12. pro-gamer said:
    hmm, did you update your bios?


    Not got the CPU yet, that was the prob. trying to source one that was compatible. Original intention was to combine the V7-M4A3000E with a Phenom II x6 but that was a no-no. Finding suitable x4 CPUs for the V7 very difficult, I'll take whatever I can get. BIOS is flashed to the latest version. It actually ran the x6 but only at 800Mhz which was useless. Getting a M5A88-M EVO to match the x6, now all I need is a x4 to suit...
  13. then change your mobo...
  14. pro-gamer said:
    then change your mobo...

    Probably the sensible thing to do! Dump the V7 Mobo and start again. Now why didn't I think of that...
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Support Phenom