Logitech G110 vs RAZER Lycosa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saljen

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2009
I'm going to be buying a new keyboard, which will be used primarily for gaming. Backlight/media keys are very important and macro keys are a bonus. The two that I've narrowed it down to are the Logitech G110 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16823126087 and the RAZER Lycosa http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16823114004. I've read alot of reviews and they both have their advantages and disadvantages, and I was wondering if anyone here has expiereince with either or both.

perfectblue

Distinguished
Oct 25, 2011
Have used both those and never felt comfortable. Generally steelseries has better gaming keyboards. I forgot the model number. Its around $100.

Currently using a rosewell cherry MX keyboard. really loving it! Its not backlit but it managed to please a really picky keyboard user :D

hairystuff

Distinguished
Didn't like the RAZER Lycosa from experience went with the G510 instead, the keys on the Lycosa were sticking and overall quality wasn't that good (Even my 10 year old HP Keyboard (I think it was a Logitech rebrand) was way better, the only reason for change was it was a complete an utter biohazard).

Unfortunately my issues slowly developed over time.
They didn't appear until about a month after i bought it :(.
Got sick and tired of un and replugging the usb,which as you probably know would correct it until it happened again.
Would've been sweet to get a full refund,instead the tards replaced my regular Lycosa with a glossy Mirror Edition ughh!
I'll stay away from Razer products,had to also rma the Razer mouse too.
Like you, i have MS and Logitech products 10+ years old.

hairystuff

Distinguished
for a premium product I'd expect much better quality, the only reason I went with the lycosa was because of the standard kb size an backlighting, when it came to pricing the difference was about 15% extra for the Logitech, oh well I'm sticking to brands I trust.

Saljen

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2009
My main concern, and a primary reason I've been considering the Lycosa is space. The Logitech G110 seems quite a bit wider than the Lycosa which may cause an issue for mouse space on my current desk. It seems that the only issue I've seen with the G110 is a fairly dim backlight, but that hardly seems like an issue compaired to the countless issues of RMA's that I've seen with the Lycosa. I've in the past been a hardcore Logitech fan for their build quality and it seems that this keyboard is no different than my experience with them thus far (my mouse, current keyboard, speakers, and headset are all Logitech). Thanks for the help, I think the G110 is what I'll go with, space concerns aside.

The G110 is only 1" wider btw.
The backlighting is fine = heard more complaints about the Lycosa in that regard/however mine was good

Saljen

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2009

I'm currently using the Logitech Performance MX ( http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826104321 )mouse and absolutely love it. Never used a more accurate mouse, and don't like the frill of the extra "gaming" buttons that most gaming mouses have, and I absolutely love it. Also, the G510 keyboard is a bit much, I'm looking at the G110 and the Lycos because they don't have as much going on as the G510, not because of pricing concerns or anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.