Micro atx gaming rig

ceno-byte

Distinguished
Aug 21, 2011
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/703/intelmicro.png/

i want to know if this build is good from the research i have done it seems like a good build although i might swap the mobo out for a asus maximus IV Gene-Z also i want to know if anyone has any good suggestions for aftermarket coolers that will fit in the case (Silverstone Fortress FT03) since i will overclock if i get the asus maximus instead of the gigabyte any other suggestions will be welcomed my use for this computer will be :

Gaming , Virtualization , everyday use (internet , watching movies , etc etc)

Budget : $1500 - $2000

Solution
I recently changed to the Silverstone TJ-08-E.
Let me tell you it is very nice. $99.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811163182

1) It will hold about any cooler. I use a Prolimatech megahalems. 160mm coolers should be fine.
No need for anything expensive, look at a CM hyper 212 or Xigmatek gail, each about $30.
2) The 180mm intake fan is all you need. I need no rear 120mm fan, and I even undervolted the 180 at low speed. Leeps an OC'ed 2600K and a GTX580 plenty cool and quiet.
3) Cable management is very easy.
4) For me, I had limited front to back space available. The 15" depth was what I needed.

As to your motherboard selection, there is little need to get a expensive board. Any P67 or Z68...
cases are subjective. Liek I said, my own taste is cases under $80. I'd suggest the Rosewill R101/102 micro ATX cases (I have one myself) which are thin steel, and old school (everything attaches with screws), except they have a max 9.3" clearance for a video card.

I have been using the same Silverstone TJ08 [ original ] for the last 4 computers I have owned .
The quality is there, and it has lasted .

Worth paying for decent quality IMO . But I couldnt care less about "tool less" . I own a screwdriver already , and generally the tool less clips are not as secure

ceno-byte

Distinguished
Aug 21, 2011
from other reviews i have read about the FT03 hdd vibration varies depending on the drive and heat varies depending on the drive as well i like it because it has such a simple and elegent look capable of being a full on rig but with a small footprint in terms of size the review from SPCR is the only one i read where they had heat issues ill have to do a little more reading and see what i can find but any other suggestions for the build i might go crossfire down the road idk yet

I recently changed to the Silverstone TJ-08-E.
Let me tell you it is very nice. $99.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811163182

1) It will hold about any cooler. I use a Prolimatech megahalems. 160mm coolers should be fine.
No need for anything expensive, look at a CM hyper 212 or Xigmatek gail, each about $30.
2) The 180mm intake fan is all you need. I need no rear 120mm fan, and I even undervolted the 180 at low speed. Leeps an OC'ed 2600K and a GTX580 plenty cool and quiet.
3) Cable management is very easy.
4) For me, I had limited front to back space available. The 15" depth was what I needed.

As to your motherboard selection, there is little need to get a expensive board. Any P67 or Z68 will allow you to OC to sane levels. Just look for the features you need. The gigabyte should be fine.

Solution