Adaptec EZ CD Creator 4

Bubba

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I can't seem to burn cds with this program and Windows Me. I thought it was the burner going bad so I got a new one. Now, I get the same errors after 3% of the disc is completed. I have tried using several versions including the latest update that supposedly works with WinMe but nothing seems to help.
I have tried uninstalling the software and then reinstalling but this really just makes things much worse. After uninstalling, I can never get a disc to burn to completion and without errors.
Please tell me I am not the only one with this problem.
My friend has a totally different burner (Acer 6X) and totally different hardware. He is also using Adaptec and WinME and he can never get the software to recognize the max speed of the burner being 6X, it only lets him write at 4X.

Please any thoughts?
I am about ready to format back to win 98SE.

G

I am not an expert but I would say first did you check the website to see if there is a patch available to take care of this problem? Actually I just looked for you the web address is now www.roxio.com they changed the name. here is the link to version 4.02d which does support win me where the version out of the box does not (4.0-4.02c) http://www.roxio.com/en/jhtml/support/webcheckup.jhtml if it persists and you have 98 already why not go back? Everything I have heard is 98 is a better faster os. I believe even tomshardware even suggested if you bought a new computer with win me on it and you have 98 to install 98 on it.

Bubba

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I fixed it!
I did already have 4.02e installed.
I just unchecked DMA in the settings panel in the device manager for my CDRW. Since unchecking DMA this afternoon, I have been writing CDs with never-before seen success.
Thanks for trying to help.