New to XP, a little help please.

mark

Is there a way, (I'm sure there is) to place a volume
control button, on my taskbar? Or better yet, is there a
way to set up a mute button on my keyboard? My old
keyboard had a volume control on it, and it's hard
getting used to not having one. I play lots of games, and
it sure would be convenient, not to have to get up every
time, and turn off both sets of speakers, (surround
sound). Thx, in advance, for any help, Mark...

in the Control Panel[Start>Settings>Control Panel...Sounds and Audio Devices has your preferences to choose

"Mark" wrote:

> Is there a way, (I'm sure there is) to place a volume
> control button, on my taskbar? Or better yet, is there a
> way to set up a mute button on my keyboard? My old
> keyboard had a volume control on it, and it's hard
> getting used to not having one. I play lots of games, and
> it sure would be convenient, not to have to get up every
> time, and turn off both sets of speakers, (surround
> sound). Thx, in advance, for any help, Mark...

It's normally there by default, and most people want it removed,

--

Star Fleet Admiral Q @ your service