Which 2GB 6950?

FullBurstMode

Distinguished
May 23, 2011
I was looking over HD 2GB 6950's at newegg and long story short, I'm rather confused by the selection available.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&DEPA=0&Order=BESTMATCH&Description=6950+2gb&x=19&y=34

Some things which may help you guys help me:
APPROXIMATE PURCHASE DATE: Preferably this week
BUDGET RANGE: Technically all the cards listed are within range, I'd prefer to spend less than more if possible (with some of the more expensive 6950's the prices are approaching some cheap 6970s!)
USAGE FROM MOST TO LEAST IMPORTANT: Probably gaming of different sorts and watching videos in 1080p as most important. They're all 6950s though so...
CURRENT GPU AND POWER SUPPLY: This is a new build so no GPU really (unless you count the onboard that comes with the i5 2500k). PSU will be a Corsair 750HX.
OTHER RELEVANT SYSTEM SPECS: CPU - i5 2500k | Mobo - Gigabyte P67X-UD3 | RAM - Corsair Vengeance 4GB DDR3 | Case - Lancool Dragonlord K-62 | CPU Cooler - Scythe Mugen 2
PREFERRED WEBSITE(S) FOR PARTS: Link with search results above
PARTS PREFERENCES: None, a reliable company?
OVERCLOCKING: Yes
SLI OR CROSSFIRE: Yes (hence the 750W PSU)
MONITOR RESOLUTION: 1920x1080
ADDITIONAL COMMENTS: My friend says the 2GB is pointless for my needs, even if I choose to crossfire and use multiple monitors in future and that the 1GB will be fine (so 2GB of video RAM in crossfire). I'd prefer "better" cooling where possible (the frozr seems to have excellent cooling but dumps the heat inside the case? Is this as problematic as people say it is?). Features are neat but do I really need some of them?

At any rate, I'm most perplexed by what's on offer. Part of me says to just get the cheapest 6950 2GB, part of suggests it's the cheapest for a reason. Any help/advice would be much appreciated.

tinymidget1979

Distinguished
Sep 14, 2008
If you're looking for a great warranty, then I'd go with XFX. They have a lifetime warranty and they're trusted by almost every ATI user :) There's a dual fan option as well!