BIOS not booting after cpu lift on Motherboard HP 0A58H

johnride

Honorable
Aug 22, 2012
Hi, I wanted to change my pentium D for a core 2 duo and it did not work (I figured out it is simply not compatible) so I put back my pentium D in place but now the BIOS won't boot.

I can't get any graphical output. At first the lights in front of the DC7700 desktop were flashing red and nothing else happened then I lifted the motherboard battery for about 4-5 minutes, put it back in place replug AC push button and then no more red light; now the power light is on, the fans are up also and in the first second the HDD led get up for a moment but no display and no control on the keyboard. I tried removing the RAM sticks and even without RAM the exact same thing happens.

So I guess it is a failure in the CPU verification but my slot is in great shape like my CPU itself wich was working 10 minutes before.

Any idea to save my desktop!??

Thanks

Kent_Diego

Distinguished
Mar 19, 2003
It sounds like you should spend $30 on a new motherboard that will support Core 2. I just got this one to replace a bad motherboard. http://www.asrock.com/mb/Intel/G965M-S/ It was $29 at 3B Tech.

twowheelin

Honorable
Oct 19, 2013
I have recently updated this same MB in a DC7700 from a D945 to an E6500 with excellent results on system performance. The fans are running fast and there is a BIOS microcode warning message which requires an F1 key to complete the boot process. I'm looking into a BIOS update, but the HP website indicates that I have the newest version already.