Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Can I use ATI HD 5670 to output audio to speaker?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
June 19, 2011 10:31:20 AM

As my ATI HD 5670 has HDMI output about which I do not know at all. Now as the website says it has 7.1 channel audio outputting capability, is there any way I can use this graphic card to output sound to a speaker?

I will need a cable which will enter the port on the graphic card and on the other end of the cable there will be a input space for 3.5mm jack of speakers or headphones.

Is this thing possible?

Best solution

June 19, 2011 11:42:13 AM

arnob216 said:
As my ATI HD 5670 has HDMI output about which I do not know at all. Now as the website says it has 7.1 channel audio outputting capability, is there any way I can use this graphic card to output sound to a speaker?

I will need a cable which will enter the port on the graphic card and on the other end of the cable there will be a input space for 3.5mm jack of speakers or headphones.

Is this thing possible?

I think this is designed to plug into a HDMI port on a 7.1 compatible AV receiver. I'm pretty sure you cannot go directly to speakers via HDMI, the signal needs to be processed/decoded in between to output into speakers
June 19, 2011 12:46:18 PM

Right. The sound thru HDMI is encoded and is in digital form. It should be decoded first and converted to analog before it is output to the speakers. An AV receiver/amplifier with HDMI input is needed or a speaker set with HDMI input is required, if there is such a speaker set available.
m
l
Related resources
June 19, 2011 10:47:23 PM

All of the above is true. Also, your motherboard should include an onboard audio card that you would be able to use that 3.5mm audio setup.
m
l
June 30, 2011 4:49:10 AM

Best answer selected by arnob216.
m
l
!