Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Will HD 5750 bottleneck my E5200?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
June 19, 2011 10:47:17 AM

Hello there,
After a long time investigation I want to buy a HD 5750 instead of HD 5670,Because it seems the price of 5750(1 gb and gddr5) is going to fall very soon in my country(India) and 5750 is much better than a 5670 for great performance and cool f.p.s. rate(enough for a budget gamer like me)..Let check out my system:

Processor:Intel Pentinum Dual Core E5200@2.53 GHz..(Know almost nothing about overclock and Don't want to do so)

Ram:2 GB DDR2

Mobo:ASUS P5KPL- AM IN

psu:Corsair CX430(going to be,I know ati wants 450 watt but my budget is limited and cx430 can run 5750))

current gpu:inbuilt intel g31 express chipset

So will 5750 run properly? (Hope answer will be "yes")

Will it bottleneck my PC?(MOST IMPORTANT TO ME)

and one more info I want to play games like Original Crysis and COD:MW2..and MIND IT I WANT TO PLAY ONLY@1024*768 RESOLUTION....

More about : 5750 bottleneck e5200

a c 1385 U Graphics card
June 19, 2011 11:21:05 AM

The HD5750 will run properly and out perform a HD5670 even if it is bottlenecked a little.
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
June 19, 2011 11:34:50 AM

there will be a huge gain in performance but not at your resolution.Your resolution is highly cpu dependant and you will not see much of a boost because when your run any game as your video card is faster than your cpu it has to wait until the cpu has processed the frames.I think that you should upgrade your cpu to at least a core 2 duo.If not that then try and buy a new monitor which has a resolution of 1680X1050.As this rez is gpu dependant you will see 100% utilisation from your gpu at this resolution
m
0
l
Related resources
June 19, 2011 12:58:50 PM

rolli59 said:
The HD5750 will run properly and out perform a HD5670 even if it is bottlenecked a little.


please assure me "bottlenecked a little".
m
0
l
June 19, 2011 1:01:44 PM

celpas said:
there will be a huge gain in performance but not at your resolution.Your resolution is highly cpu dependant and you will not see much of a boost because when your run any game as your video card is faster than your cpu it has to wait until the cpu has processed the frames.I think that you should upgrade your cpu to at least a core 2 duo.If not that then try and buy a new monitor which has a resolution of 1680X1050.As this rez is gpu dependant you will see 100% utilisation from your gpu at this resolution


if I run@1280*720,1360*768(this is optimal res of my 18.5 inch samsung syncmaster)?
m
0
l
June 19, 2011 1:08:45 PM

Quote:
there is no such thing as a gpu bottlenecking a cpu only in some cases.
as in 2 5750 in crossfire on your stock clocked cpu would be a bottleneck or say a gtx 480 but the 5700 series gpu's wont
however if you can overclock you will have no problems


I will not do crossfire and as I say I know very little of OC and so far I know it needs a external hardware called COOLER or something like that.
m
0
l
June 19, 2011 1:19:02 PM

Quote:
then to be quite frank with you.

you need to get your head out a bit and start to push your cpu unless you can upgrade.
many here will help you overclock that cpu and it is not at all dangerous with the right tools to go with it.


"it needs a external hardware called COOLER or something like that."- Do you think my this concept is correct?please reply..a new hardware means a new money to pay.
m
0
l
June 19, 2011 1:27:18 PM

Quote:
a cooler is not expensive.
do you know what a cooler is ?


Almost nothing,please post a link or describe it yourself----and thanx for giving your valuable time on a little idiot of hardware,me.
m
0
l
June 19, 2011 1:35:10 PM

Quote:
ok i didnt expect you to not know pal.
i will do my best for you :) 

this is your stock cpu cooler:
http://www.endpcnoise.com/e/images/intel_775_fan.jpg

this is what cools your cpu so that it works under operational temperatures.


hey what was that??I have 3 coolers(I generally know as fan) in my cabinet...are they not same thing of your pic? or it is something special for overclocking???and they are so cheap cheap,np to buy a new,ohh Im really an Idiot..by the way thank you so much for the link....
m
0
l
June 19, 2011 1:36:38 PM

Quote:
the cooler i posted above is not expensive and is a great cooler for big overclocks.


what country do u live in?


India,I know it is hard to find....
m
0
l
June 19, 2011 2:07:15 PM

Do the res like 1280 by 720 or 1360 by 768 also CPU-dependent????

amd655 also helping to overclock so Im also going to do that.
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
June 19, 2011 2:42:46 PM

abar92 said:
Do the res like 1280 by 720 or 1360 by 768 also CPU-dependent????

amd655 also helping to overclock so Im also going to do that.

You'll be fine at 1280x720 or 1360x768
m
0
l
June 19, 2011 3:50:25 PM

sykozis said:
You'll be fine at 1280x720 or 1360x768



thank you very much sykozis,you have given me a little oxygen,for now cpu and monitor upgrade is impossible but i have targeted cpu upgrade next year..
m
0
l
a c 1385 U Graphics card
June 19, 2011 4:27:52 PM

abar92 said:
please assure me "bottlenecked a little".

Well basically now reading through new posts and seeing that you are planning an overclock on that CPU then you have nothing to worry about. The E5200 was a great budget chip when introduced and at that time the top level GPU's where in the performance range of the HD5750 (GTX8800 or 8800Ultra) a slight bottleneck will go away with CPU overclock.
m
0
l
June 20, 2011 2:38:06 AM

rolli59 said:
Well basically now reading through new posts and seeing that you are planning an overclock on that CPU then you have nothing to worry about. The E5200 was a great budget chip when introduced and at that time the top level GPU's where in the performance range of the HD5750 (GTX8800 or 8800Ultra) a slight bottleneck will go away with CPU overclock.


just like OC I have little knowledge on bottleneck(Because Im using integrated gfx to date and playing only 2004 era games,only pop t2t 2005 and FIFA09 2009),and I think I never faced something like that.
Does bottleneck only happen when im playing new big titles like crysis,cod mw or it happens with every game like original far cry etc with that cpu and gpu?
m
0
l
a b U Graphics card
June 20, 2011 2:50:24 AM

A bottleneck occurs when 1 piece of hardware limits the performance of another piece or other pieces of hardware.
m
0
l
June 20, 2011 3:50:48 AM

sykozis said:
A bottleneck occurs when 1 piece of hardware limits the performance of another piece or other pieces of hardware.


games like original far cry(take little much power to that date),mohpa dont need a good power of gpu,does 1 piece of hardware limit the performance of another piece or other pieces of hardware then too? I really unknown to it.
m
0
l
a c 1385 U Graphics card
June 20, 2011 12:30:25 PM

It is hard to explain a bottleneck but here is my best shot at it. A bottleneck is when a piece of hardware can not run at its full potential because another piece of hardware has reached its performance limit. It is not that a new GPU is going to slow down the system rather that the new GPU can not run at its full potential because of the CPU has reached its performance limit. Here is a great article about CPU's and GPU's http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/balanced-gaming-pc-...
m
0
l
June 20, 2011 12:53:54 PM

rolli59 said:
It is hard to explain a bottleneck but here is my best shot at it. A bottleneck is when a piece of hardware can not run at its full potential because another piece of hardware has reached its performance limit. It is not that a new GPU is going to slow down the system rather that the new GPU can not run at its full potential because of the CPU has reached its performance limit. Here is a great article about CPU's and GPU's http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/balanced-gaming-pc-...


so Im little clear that bottleneck does not vary on games,only vary on unbalancing hardware-cpu and gpu..so bottleneck should be happen in COD:MW 2,Crysis as well as original Far Cry and MOHPA.

m
0
l
!