How will the price difference and limited interest effect ..

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube (More info?)

Who didn't see that one coming? The PSP will cost almost twice what the DS
costs in the US. Seems strange as it is priced about a hundred bucks more
than the Japanese have to pay for it.

The main reason behind this is most likely that Sony understands that the US
market is completely different than the Japanese market and that in the US
they'll have to charge more for the system that has the smaller market but
are adults, compared to the accessible DS unit. The average person in the
US has no need for a portable gaming device like the PSP and the stigma that
is connected to being a geek and playing a portable in public. The DS, on
the other hand, will have the younger market where such stigmas tend to be
less prevalent. Sony is completely skipping that market with their PSP
unit.

It will be interesting to see if the PSP doesn't go the route of the XBox,
etc, went in Japan. At least Sony realizes that the interest in their PSP
in the US is very limited and have priced it accordingly like most fringe
technology.

So, what effect do you think the extreme price gouging on Hardware and
Software, which costs at least ten dollars more, and the very limited
interest in the PSP will have on the US market?

"Fred Liken" <fredliken@toocool4school.com> wrote in message
> Who didn't see that one coming? The PSP will cost almost twice what the
DS
> costs in the US. Seems strange as it is priced about a hundred bucks more
> than the Japanese have to pay for it.

It's not surprising considering that initial price estimates were in the
$275-$299 range. It is only surprising after the Japanese launch, where a
basic system sold for the equivalent of ~$185 US. Add the memory stick,
headphones, carrying case with a strap, and the Spider-Man 2 UMD, and
there's the additional cost.

> The main reason behind this is most likely that Sony understands that the
US
> market is completely different than the Japanese market and that in the US
> they'll have to charge more for the system that has the smaller market but
> are adults, compared to the accessible DS unit. The average person in the
> US has no need for a portable gaming device like the PSP and the stigma
that
> is connected to being a geek and playing a portable in public. The DS, on
> the other hand, will have the younger market where such stigmas tend to be
> less prevalent. Sony is completely skipping that market with their PSP
> unit.

That's a ridiculous theory, Einstein. "Say, Toshihiro, our PSP market is
going to be smaller in the US than in Japan, so let's charge them MORE for
the system, okay?" "Great idea, Akira!" Why would Sony want to do that?
And, by the way, if the DS was only aimed at the younger market, why is it
$149, why are the games more for adults/teens than kids, and why doesn't it
come in red and blue yet? Nintendo is also trying to reach the mainstream
market.

How about this reason--they are offering only the "value pack" in the US, so
we end up paying for all the extras. Sony wants the multimedia capabilities
of the PSP to be a factor right out of the gate, but since they can't give
away Spider-Man 2 on UMD without losing even more money, they need to charge
for it. And since they want people to recognize that the PSP plays MP3's,
they'll force you to buy a memory stick in the hopes that you'll try to use
it for music and pictures. It makes sense from a marketing standpoint. The
more the general public sees PSP owners watching movies and listening to
music, rather than just playing games, the more interested they'll become.
The market they are shooting for is the same crowd that owns/purchases
iPods, MP3 players, and portable DVD players, not just game machines.

> It will be interesting to see if the PSP doesn't go the route of the XBox,
> etc, went in Japan. At least Sony realizes that the interest in their PSP
> in the US is very limited and have priced it accordingly like most fringe
> technology.

Jealousy does not become you, my good sir. Ask EB Games or Game Stop if
they think interest in the PSP is "limited" according to their pre-sales.
Ask eBay sellers if they think the interest in the PSP is "limited"
according to the bids they are receiving. There is a lot of interest in the
PSP, and while the higher price may cause a few people to re-think a launch
day purchase, it isn't going to make much of a difference. The PSP is going
to be huge...nothing like the Xbox's sales in Japan.

> So, what effect do you think the extreme price gouging on Hardware and
> Software, which costs at least ten dollars more, and the very limited
> interest in the PSP will have on the US market?

I cannot answer that question since I don't agree with any of your premises.
There is no "extreme price gouging," and there is not "limited interest" in
the PSP. I think the only effect, so far, of the higher price is to make DS
apologists and Sony haters like yourself come out of the woodwork.
Fortunately, when the PSP is a huge hit next month, we won't have to listen
to you any longer. Go rub yourself...I mean...go rub your DS. And let me
know when you are able to watch movies or listen to MP3's on it, okay?
(Probably the same day that you can watch DVD's, listen to music CD's, or
play online on your GameCube).

Android wrote:
> [...]
> to be huge...nothing like the Xbox's sales in Japan.
>

>>So, what effect do you think the extreme price gouging on Hardware and
>>Software, which costs at least ten dollars more, and the very limited
>>interest in the PSP will have on the US market?
>

> I cannot answer that question since I don't agree with any of your premises.
> There is no "extreme price gouging," and there is not "limited interest" in
> the PSP. I think the only effect, so far, of the higher price is to make DS
> apologists and Sony haters like yourself come out of the woodwork.
> Fortunately, when the PSP is a huge hit next month, we won't have to listen
> to you any longer. Go rub yourself...I mean...go rub your DS. And let me
> know when you are able to watch movies or listen to MP3's on it, okay?
> (Probably the same day that you can watch DVD's, listen to music CD's, or

I agree with you Mark...Fred is WWWWAAAAAAYYY off on this one.

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube (More info?)

I am just worried about the game prices for the PSP. Many were listed at
$49. Seems most have now come down to $39 but that still seems pretty
expensive. I suppose they are all going up though. The new Warioware for
the DS comes out this week at $35. I'll be getting it though.

HDTV games lists and discussions
http://www.hdtvarcade.com

"Fred Liken" <fredliken@toocool4school.com> wrote in message
> Who didn't see that one coming? The PSP will cost almost twice what the
> DS costs in the US. Seems strange as it is priced about a hundred bucks
> more than the Japanese have to pay for it.
>
> The main reason behind this is most likely that Sony understands that the
> US market is completely different than the Japanese market and that in the
> US they'll have to charge more for the system that has the smaller market
> but are adults, compared to the accessible DS unit. The average person in
> the US has no need for a portable gaming device like the PSP and the
> stigma that is connected to being a geek and playing a portable in public.
> The DS, on the other hand, will have the younger market where such stigmas
> tend to be less prevalent. Sony is completely skipping that market with
> their PSP unit.
>
> It will be interesting to see if the PSP doesn't go the route of the XBox,
> etc, went in Japan. At least Sony realizes that the interest in their PSP
> in the US is very limited and have priced it accordingly like most fringe
> technology.
>
> So, what effect do you think the extreme price gouging on Hardware and
> Software, which costs at least ten dollars more, and the very limited
> interest in the PSP will have on the US market?

ted

Distinguished
May 25, 2001
Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube (More info?)

Android wrote:
snip
> (Probably the same day that you can watch DVD's, listen to music CD's, or
> play online on your GameCube).

You do know you can play games online with the Gamecube, right? PSO
I/II/III officially, and the LAN compatible games (Mario Kart, Kirby,
some others) unofficially.

"Ted" <nospamforted@nospam.com> wrote in message

> Android wrote:
> snip
> > (Probably the same day that you can watch DVD's, listen to music CD's,
or
> > play online on your GameCube).
>
> You do know you can play games online with the Gamecube, right? PSO
> I/II/III officially, and the LAN compatible games (Mario Kart, Kirby,
> some others) unofficially.

Yes, I know, but considering Nintendo's stance on online gaming ("consumers
don't want it"), for all intents and purposes, online gaming does not exist
on the GameCube.

Dan

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

"Android" <androvich@NOcomcastSPAM.net> wrote in message
And let me
> know when you are able to watch movies or listen to MP3's on it, okay?

Actually there's an addon for GBA that allows you to play video and mp3.
Already came out in Japan not long ago.
http://gameboy.ign.com/articles/573/573438p1.html

ted

Distinguished
May 25, 2001

Android wrote:

> "Ted" <nospamforted@nospam.com> wrote in message
> >

> > Android wrote:
> > snip
> > > (Probably the same day that you can watch DVD's, listen to music CD's,
> or
> > > play online on your GameCube).
> >
> > You do know you can play games online with the Gamecube, right? PSO
> > I/II/III officially, and the LAN compatible games (Mario Kart, Kirby,
> > some others) unofficially.
>
> Yes, I know, but considering Nintendo's stance on online gaming ("consumers
> don't want it"), for all intents and purposes, online gaming does not exist
> on the GameCube.

Still not good to put it in your list of things that you imply are
impossible to do on the Gamecube; the day you can play online on your
Gamecube from this point into the future is today.

> Android wrote:
> >
> > "Ted" <nospamforted@nospam.com> wrote in message
> > >

> > > Android wrote:
> > > snip
CD's,
> > or
> > >
> > > You do know you can play games online with the Gamecube, right? PSO
> > > I/II/III officially, and the LAN compatible games (Mario Kart, Kirby,
> > > some others) unofficially.
> >
> > Yes, I know, but considering Nintendo's stance on online gaming
("consumers
> > don't want it"), for all intents and purposes, online gaming does not
exist
> > on the GameCube.
>
> Still not good to put it in your list of things that you imply are
> impossible to do on the Gamecube; the day you can play online on your
> Gamecube from this point into the future is today.

So, if the GameCube played ONE music CD, out of all the hundreds of
thousands of CD's available, I should note that it plays music? Or if it
played ONE DVD, I should note that it can play movies?

Technically yes, you are right. If you can find a GameCube online adaptor
(which are no longer sold at any of the Target, Best Buy, Wal-mart,
GameStop, or EB Games stores in my area, and aren't on EB or GameStop's Web
sites either) and you purchase Phantasy Star Online, you could play the
GameCube online. But as a practical matter, I don't think it is stretching
the truth to state that online gaming doesn't exist on the GameCube. I'd
say the same thing about Xbox or PS2 if those systems only played a single
on-line game by a third-party, if Microsoft and Sony stated publically that
they don't support on-line gaming because consumers don't want it, and if
you had to search the ends of the earth for the add-on hardware.

ted

Distinguished
May 25, 2001

Android wrote:

> "Ted" <nospamforted@nospam.com> wrote in message
> >

> > Android wrote:
> > >
> > > "Ted" <nospamforted@nospam.com> wrote in message

> CD's,
> > > or

> > > Yes, I know, but considering Nintendo's stance on online gaming
> ("consumers
> > > don't want it"), for all intents and purposes, online gaming does not
> exist
> > > on the GameCube.
> >
> > Still not good to put it in your list of things that you imply are
> > impossible to do on the Gamecube; the day you can play online on your
> > Gamecube from this point into the future is today.
>
> So, if the GameCube played ONE music CD, out of all the hundreds of
> thousands of CD's available, I should note that it plays music? Or if it
> played ONE DVD, I should note that it can play movies?

If it only played one CD or one DVD, your original statement would still
correctly imply impossibility (if we excuse your punctuation errors).
And if we include all Gamecubes, there are plenty of Gamecubes that do
play DVDs (and I assume CDs, but that may not be the case): the
Panasonic Q. But since you said "your Gamecube", for that to apply Fred
Liken would need to own a Q.

> Technically yes, you are right. If you can find a GameCube online adaptor
> (which are no longer sold at any of the Target, Best Buy, Wal-mart,
> GameStop, or EB Games stores in my area, and aren't on EB or GameStop's Web
> sites either) and you purchase Phantasy Star Online, you could play the
> GameCube online. But as a practical matter, I don't think it is stretching
> the truth to state that online gaming doesn't exist on the GameCube.

It's provably untrue; it's not stretching the truth, it just plain isn't true.

I'd
> say the same thing about Xbox or PS2 if those systems only played a single
> on-line game by a third-party, if Microsoft and Sony stated publically that
> they don't support on-line gaming because consumers don't want it, and if
> you had to search the ends of the earth for the add-on hardware.

The Gamecube doesn't play a single game online by a third party; it
plays two different games by a third party in the US, three if you want
to get technical regarding the two different iterations of PSOI&II that
have been released. And Homeland will be coming out in the spring in
Japan. It also plays three LAN games via tunneling software.
You may as well say there is no US PS2 game that supports the trance
vibrator because only Rez and Space Channel 5 part 2 support it.

beck

Distinguished
May 24, 2004
Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube (More info?)

"Fred Liken" <fredliken@toocool4school.com> wrote in message
> Who didn't see that one coming? The PSP will cost almost twice what the
> DS costs in the US. Seems strange as it is priced about a hundred bucks
> more than the Japanese have to pay for it.
>
> The main reason behind this is most likely that Sony understands that the
> US market is completely different than the Japanese market and that in the
> US they'll have to charge more for the system that has the smaller market
> but are adults, compared to the accessible DS unit. The average person in
> the US has no need for a portable gaming device like the PSP and the
> stigma that is connected to being a geek and playing a portable in public.
> The DS, on the other hand, will have the younger market where such stigmas
> tend to be less prevalent. Sony is completely skipping that market with
> their PSP unit.
>
> It will be interesting to see if the PSP doesn't go the route of the XBox,
> etc, went in Japan. At least Sony realizes that the interest in their PSP
> in the US is very limited and have priced it accordingly like most fringe
> technology.
>
> So, what effect do you think the extreme price gouging on Hardware and
> Software, which costs at least ten dollars more, and the very limited
> interest in the PSP will have on the US market?

I think the US have got it good compared to UK. We have had elevated prices
for a very long time with regards to electrical products, movies, games and
basically anything on the market and always pay much more than
US/Canada/Japan and so on. I would like to say its about time US paid more,
but that would be selfish. I would much prefer we pay less here in line with
the rest of the world.

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube (More info?)

"Fred Liken" <fredliken@toocool4school.com> wrote in

> Who didn't see that one coming? The PSP will cost almost twice what
> the DS costs in the US. Seems strange as it is priced about a hundred
> bucks more than the Japanese have to pay for it.
>
> The main reason behind this is most likely that Sony understands that
> the US market is completely different than the Japanese market and
> that in the US they'll have to charge more for the system that has the
> smaller market but are adults, compared to the accessible DS unit.
> The average person in the US has no need for a portable gaming device
> like the PSP and the stigma that is connected to being a geek and
> playing a portable in public. The DS, on the other hand, will have
> the younger market where such stigmas tend to be less prevalent. Sony
> is completely skipping that market with their PSP unit.
>
> It will be interesting to see if the PSP doesn't go the route of the
> XBox, etc, went in Japan. At least Sony realizes that the interest in
> their PSP in the US is very limited and have priced it accordingly
> like most fringe technology.
>
> So, what effect do you think the extreme price gouging on Hardware and
> Software, which costs at least ten dollars more, and the very limited
> interest in the PSP will have on the US market?

Say sega gamegear, sega nomad, atari linx, whatever, over and over.

I still have the sega gamegear I got as a high school graduation gift
back in 1994. The only game I ever had for it was Sonic 2 (which just
happened to come with it). I never saw a need to buy any games as my
cousin would just lend me any of the few he had. Unfortunately during
the height of the ps1 era every one of them, including Sonic 2 if I'm
remembering correctly, got traded in at the local EB. Maybe I'll stick
it up on ebay and finally get rid of it. Or maybe I'll hold onto it
hoping for the day I'd be able to walk into EB or Gamestop and buy every
Sega GameGear game for a really ridiculously low price.

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube (More info?)

In article <420d5535$0$62695$45beb828@newscene.com>,
fredliken@toocool4school.com says...

>Who didn't see that one coming? The PSP will cost almost twice what the DS
>costs in the US. Seems strange as it is priced about a hundred bucks more
>than the Japanese have to pay for it.
>
>The main reason behind this is most likely that Sony understands that the US
>market is completely different than the Japanese market and that in the US
>they'll have to charge more for the system that has the smaller market but
>are adults, compared to the accessible DS unit. The average person in the
>US has no need for a portable gaming device like the PSP and the stigma that
>is connected to being a geek and playing a portable in public. The DS, on
>the other hand, will have the younger market where such stigmas tend to be
>less prevalent. Sony is completely skipping that market with their PSP
>unit.
>
>It will be interesting to see if the PSP doesn't go the route of the XBox,
>etc, went in Japan. At least Sony realizes that the interest in their PSP
>in the US is very limited and have priced it accordingly like most fringe
>technology.
>
>So, what effect do you think the extreme price gouging on Hardware and
>Software, which costs at least ten dollars more, and the very limited
>interest in the PSP will have on the US market?

Limited interest? I guess you missed my post about my pre-buy deal on the PSP.
I just pre-bought mine last week at EB Electronics and the guy said they had
just passed 80 preorders for the PSP. I asked how many they had for the DS and
he said they had around 40 for it. Please keep in mind that the PSP still has
at least a month to go before release. Not sure where your getting this
limited interest stuff from.

MS#1Fanboy-JoJo wrote:
> In article <420d5535$0$62695$45beb828@newscene.com>,
> fredliken@toocool4school.com says...
>
>>Who didn't see that one coming? The PSP will cost almost twice what the DS
>>costs in the US. Seems strange as it is priced about a hundred bucks more
>>than the Japanese have to pay for it.
>>
>>The main reason behind this is most likely that Sony understands that the US
>>market is completely different than the Japanese market and that in the US
>>they'll have to charge more for the system that has the smaller market but
>>are adults, compared to the accessible DS unit. The average person in the
>>US has no need for a portable gaming device like the PSP and the stigma that
>>is connected to being a geek and playing a portable in public. The DS, on
>>the other hand, will have the younger market where such stigmas tend to be
>>less prevalent. Sony is completely skipping that market with their PSP
>>unit.
>>
>>It will be interesting to see if the PSP doesn't go the route of the XBox,
>>etc, went in Japan. At least Sony realizes that the interest in their PSP
>>in the US is very limited and have priced it accordingly like most fringe
>>technology.
>>
>>So, what effect do you think the extreme price gouging on Hardware and
>>Software, which costs at least ten dollars more, and the very limited
>>interest in the PSP will have on the US market?
>>

> Limited interest? I guess you missed my post about my pre-buy deal on the PSP.
> I just pre-bought mine last week at EB Electronics and the guy said they had
> just passed 80 preorders for the PSP. I asked how many they had for the DS and
> he said they had around 40 for it. Please keep in mind that the PSP still has
> at least a month to go before release. Not sure where your getting this
> limited interest stuff from.

Same here. There is quite a bit of interest in the PSP out there...he
apparently just doesn't want there to be for some reason ;)

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube (More info?)

Fred Liken said

> Why are you so defensive about wanting your nerdy PSP? I mean, get
> over it.

Troll.

--
The Kitchen Sink
http://bellsouthpwp.net/g/m/gmagnus/

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube (More info?)

Fred Liken wrote:

<snip>

Just a quick question, Fred. Is the PSP more or less nerdy than the DS?

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube (More info?)

In article <4210d213$0$19931$45beb828@newscene.com>,
fredliken@toocool4school.com says...

>"God Magnus" <g@mg.com> wrote in message
>> Fred Liken said
>>
>>> Why are you so defensive about wanting your nerdy PSP? I mean, get
>>> over it.
>>
>> Troll.
>
>Typical response you would expect from a drone... So sad.
>
>Are you actually trying to sit here and say that the PSP is not for nerds to
>play in public? Honestly?
>
>The PSP is nerdy, plain and simple. Your defensiveness is just pathetic.
>"Troll"... for speaking the truth? This isn't the
>alt.games.video.lets.pretend.the.psp.is.cool group, so that isn't trolling.
>This is an honest discussion about the demographics that the PSP will appeal
>to in the US.

The demographics is everybody that doesn't have their head up their ass. Go
ahead and pull yours out Fred.

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube (More info?)

In article <42111331$0$75769$45beb828@newscene.com>,
fredliken@toocool4school.com says...

>To ask the hard hitting questions! That's obvious, dumb ass.

Sorry Freddy but the only thing thats obvious around here is your hate and
jealousy of the PSP. Don't let that stop you from posting though. I find it
very amusing(stupid things like this are always amusing to those of us with
small minds).

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube (More info?)

In article <42111331$0$75769$45beb828@newscene.com>,
fredliken@toocool4school.com says...

>> Hows your $45 Apex DVD player doing Freddy?
>
>lol. Hardly.

Ok so I was wrong. Hows your $45 Cyberhome DVD player doing.

Fred Liken wrote:
> Who didn't see that one coming? The PSP will cost almost twice what
the DS
> costs in the US. Seems strange as it is priced about a hundred bucks
more
> than the Japanese have to pay for it.
>
> The main reason behind this is most likely that Sony understands that
the US
> market is completely different than the Japanese market and that in
the US
> they'll have to charge more for the system that has the smaller
market but
> are adults, compared to the accessible DS unit. The average person
in the
> US has no need for a portable gaming device like the PSP and the
stigma that
> is connected to being a geek and playing a portable in public. The
DS, on
> the other hand, will have the younger market where such stigmas tend
to be
> less prevalent. Sony is completely skipping that market with their
PSP
> unit.
>
> It will be interesting to see if the PSP doesn't go the route of the
XBox,
> etc, went in Japan. At least Sony realizes that the interest in
their PSP
> in the US is very limited and have priced it accordingly like most
fringe
> technology.
>
> So, what effect do you think the extreme price gouging on Hardware
and
> Software, which costs at least ten dollars more, and the very limited

> interest in the PSP will have on the US market?

I don't see the PSP having limited interest in the US. I see the PSP
doing the same thing for handhelds as the PSX did for home consoles.
Removing the stereotype and image of being a "kids toy" into something
more mainstream.

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube (More info?)

Fred Liken said

> "God Magnus" <g@mg.com> wrote in message
>> Fred Liken said
>>
>>> Why are you so defensive about wanting your nerdy PSP? I mean, get
>>> over it.
>>
>> Troll.
>
> Typical response you would expect from a drone... So sad.
>
> Are you actually trying to sit here and say that the PSP is not for
> nerds to play in public? Honestly?

As is every portable system. So?

> The PSP is nerdy, plain and simple. Your defensiveness is just
> pathetic. "Troll"... for speaking the truth? This isn't the

You want the truth? If you're here, you're a nerd.

--

In article <Xns95FE151727F16gmag@216.77.188.18>, g@mg.com says...

>Fred Liken said
>
>> "God Magnus" <g@mg.com> wrote in message
>>> Fred Liken said

>>> Troll.
>>
>> Typical response you would expect from a drone... So sad.
>>
>> Are you actually trying to sit here and say that the PSP is not for
>> nerds to play in public? Honestly?
>
>As is every portable system. So?
>
>> The PSP is nerdy, plain and simple. Your defensiveness is just
>> pathetic. "Troll"... for speaking the truth? This isn't the
>
>You want the truth? If you're here, you're a nerd.

LMAO!!! Fred is going to be one sorry nerd with no PSP to play. Fred will be
like a player with no honeys.

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube (More info?)

"MS#1Fanboy-JoJo" <jojo@cox.net> wrote

>>The PSP is nerdy, plain and simple. Your defensiveness is just pathetic.
>>"Troll"... for speaking the truth? This isn't the
>>alt.games.video.lets.pretend.the.psp.is.cool group, so that isn't
>>trolling.
>>This is an honest discussion about the demographics that the PSP will
>>appeal
>>to in the US.
>
> The demographics is everybody that doesn't have their head up their ass.
> Go
> ahead and pull yours out Fred.

How could I have my head up my ass AND be part of the demographics that is
interested in the PSP?

You're too dumb to think outside of your box.

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube (More info?)

"MS#1Fanboy-JoJo" <jojo@cox.net> wrote

>>To ask the hard hitting questions! That's obvious, dumb ass.
>
> Sorry Freddy but the only thing thats obvious around here is your hate and
> jealousy of the PSP.

Oh, obvious seeing as I imported one. Good job, Mr Sherlock Holmes PI!

> Don't let that stop you from posting though. I find it
> very amusing(stupid things like this are always amusing to those of us
> with
> small minds).

Small minds think everything is stupid. It's part of your affliction.

"MS#1Fanboy-JoJo" <jojo@cox.net> wrote in message
> In article <42111331$0$75769$45beb828@newscene.com>,
> fredliken@toocool4school.com says...
>

>>> Hows your $45 Apex DVD player doing Freddy?
>>
>>lol. Hardly.
>

> Ok so I was wrong. Hows your $45 Cyberhome DVD player doing.

lol. I'd rather use a ViewMaster.