frank

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

I suddenly cant open the add/remove programs applet in
the control panel. Just stopped working! Using XP home,
never had this problem! Please help!!!!

Visit http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_a.htm and scroll down to:
"Add and Remove - SP1 (Parser Message: Value creation failed " at line
472" error)" for a possible solution.

[Courtesy of MS-MVP Kelly Theriot]

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

Be Smart! Protect your PC!

"Frank" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message:

|I suddenly cant open the add/remove programs applet in
| the control panel. Just stopped working! Using XP home,
| never had this problem! Please help!!!!

peter

You might want to add this programme "Add-Remove Master" it cures the
problem where some programmes fail to show up in Add/Remove and others
refuse to remove themselves from the list when you uninstall. See:
http://mmhsoft.click-now.net/

--
Peter.
Toronto, Canada.

kelly

Hi Frank,

In addition to Carey:

Add or Remove Edits: Lines 188, 208 (right hand side) and 323:

All the Best,
Kelly

Microsoft-MVP Windows® XP
2004 Windows MVP "Winny" Award