Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

Motherboard ECS H67H2-M

Last response: in Motherboards
Share
August 23, 2012 6:09:21 AM

Hello, I´m searching for opinions about this Moherboard.. some people say it sucks.. I would aprecciate an opinion, Regards... Andrea

More about : motherboard ecs h67h2

a b V Motherboard
August 23, 2012 6:36:49 AM

now, i can't say for certain whether or not it truly sucks, but based on the common consensus of people going for and recommending Asus, Gigabyte, MSI and Asrock boards, then there is that likelihood that it does.

ECS is personally a low-end brand that i recommend people to avoid unless they're severely budget restricted or don't have a lot of choices. only way it could all work out is if you get lucky and got a quality built board. you could always refer to newegg's customer reviews for more insight on the company.
m
0
l
August 23, 2012 7:35:41 AM

Thank you! I´m searching, reading forums, in english, in spanish (I´m from Argentina) getting a little bit crazy, because there is a budget issue, but on the other side, I´m searching for a computer that can do HD editing, and the issue is that the person thah did offer me the best price of all, did put this motherboard inside de combo.
The complete price-item list is:

INTEL CORE I7 2600
MB ECS H67H2M1
HD 1TB SATA3 64M (brand, still unknow)
Memoria Ram 8GB DDR3 1333MHz
FUENTE TOPOWER D500W
DVD-RW 22X SATA
Gabinete EXO

U$s 995
Optional: EVGA HDMI GT430 1GB PCIe
U$S 145

Here in Argentina, this is a real good price, that´s why I´m searching
about how terribly this motherboards is.. and I guess it IS terrible.

Thank you for your answer.
m
0
l
Related resources
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
August 23, 2012 7:50:00 AM

honestly the only thing good in that build is the i7-2600

$145 for a GT430?!?!?! that is 3 times the price!
m
0
l
August 23, 2012 7:55:35 AM

Anonymous said:
honestly the only thing good in that build is the i7-2600

$145 for a GT430?!?!?! that is 3 times the price!


Well.. welcome to Argentina... :(  :fou:  :( 
m
0
l
August 23, 2012 8:06:10 AM

Anonymous said:
honestly the only thing good in that build is the i7-2600

$145 for a GT430?!?!?! that is 3 times the price!



guess it´s prices in argentina, other examples that they´ve offer me:


1;
Intel Core i7-2600 Sandy Bridge 3.4GHz (3.8GHz Turbo Boost) Quad-Core

GIGABYTE GA-B75M-D3V LGA 1155 Intel B75 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 Micro ATX
8 GB (2 x 4GB) Saikano Performance DDR3 1333 Mhz
GIGABYTE GV-N450-1GI GeForce GTS 450 (Fermi) 1GB 128-bit GDDR5
Seagate Barracuda Green ST1000DL002 1TB 5900 RPM 32MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s

Grabadora de DVD Lite On 22x Model iHAS122-04 - OEM
TOPOWER Nano Series TOP-500PM 500W ATX12V v2.3 Power Supply
Gabinete SAIKANO PHANTOM

U$s 1210


2;

· INTEL CORE I5-3570K Box
· MB GIGABYTE GA-Z77M-D3H
· HD 1TB SATA3 WD 64MB
· 8GB DDR3 1333MHz Gskill
· GABINETE COOLERMASTER ELITE 335
· FUENTE TOPOWER 650W
· DVD-RW 22X SATA

U$s 1020


3;

Mother gigabite gah67m
Micro intel i7 2600
Mem 8 gb kingston 1333 mhz
Disco western black 1 tb 64 mb
Fuente sentey extreme power 650 watts.
Placa de video ati sapphire hd 5670

U$s 1230


Examples of prices here:
http://www.armytech.com.ar/index.php/hardware/pc-armada...

http://darkness-dc.com.ar/mother.htm

m
0
l
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
August 23, 2012 8:07:37 AM

yeah i see that, i am sorry.

though if you are going to edit video you would need to add another hard drive for you don't face a bottleneck while rendering and 16 gigs of RAM would help.

the build is a good cpu but that rest of it screams, "less than desirable quality"
m
0
l
August 23, 2012 8:13:28 AM

Anonymous said:
yeah i see that, i am sorry.

though if you are going to edit video you would need to add another hard drive for you don't face a bottleneck while rendering and 16 gigs of RAM would help.

the build is a good cpu but that rest of it screams, "less than desirable quality"


Well, I can´t do more than 1200U$s.

On the other side, I read this in a forum here
"ky_ecsusa wrote :

As we know, ECS improve a lot in its quality like Nonstop Technology, Gold "4" ever, 15u Gold Contact, solid capacitor, alloy choke, etc. Right now, ECS offer its 99-hours replacement service to all the customers. Yes, ECS still has a lot of room to improve in this industry.


Unfortunately, most ECS haters refuse to accept this fact, blindly dismissing even their newest boards. The same is also partially true with MSI."

I guess I will have to go with my faith in a mercyfull God.
ah ah. :(  :D 
m
0
l
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
August 23, 2012 8:21:56 AM

out of the three builds you posted #2 is generally better well rounded with that motherboard but the i5 would not be as good for vidoe editing without have the threading like an i7.

i just don't like the RAM and other limitations with the microATX (smaller) motherboards.
m
0
l
August 23, 2012 8:44:03 AM

Anonymous said:
out of the three builds you posted #2 is generally better well rounded with that motherboard but the i5 would not be as good for vidoe editing without have the threading like an i7.

i just don't like the RAM and other limitations with the microATX (smaller) motherboards.


It´s ok, thank you for replying.
I just don´t underestand any more, different people gave me different opinions
about almost everything and It was not wise of me to listen to all of them, I guess now.. with my finally fried
brain. I´m not a hardware person, I´m just a film student that want the render not to be as painfull as a electric hair removal in a private part of the body. Sorry for the bad english. Have a nice (day?)

Andrea
m
0
l

Best solution

Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
August 23, 2012 10:31:11 PM

horadenover said:
It´s ok, thank you for replying.
I just don´t underestand any more, different people gave me different opinions
about almost everything and It was not wise of me to listen to all of them, I guess now.. with my finally fried
brain. I´m not a hardware person, I´m just a film student that want the render not to be as painfull as a electric hair removal in a private part of the body. Sorry for the bad english. Have a nice (day?)

Andrea


wow. yes it can be very over whelming. btw, your english is fine, don't worry about it. :) 

trying to not add to the confusion when i'll make a few points.

the cpu is better when it has more threads for video editing/rendering (it can do more tasks in a short time). an i7 is four (or quad) core with hyperthreading for a total of 8 threads. an i5 is a four core without hyperthreading for 4 threads. AMD cpus such as bulldozer, they start with an FX in the name, like FX 8150 also has 8 threads where as a PhenomII x6 has six threads.

so i7>FX81xx>PIIx6>i5>anything else when it comes to a cpu.

another important aspect is having more than one hard drive, maybe more so than the cpu, when it comes time for rendering. when you render, you are reading the source and writing the rendering to the hard drive. if it is the same had drive it will take much longer to read and write to the same one than if it was reading from one drive and writing to another.

exactly what you are editing and how you render it will benefit by having a separate drive for a scratch disk. some professionals go as far as having separate disks for source, scratch and final output (3). since you are buying a prebuild; it may be wise to consider leaving some money left aside to add another smaller hard drive.

finally rendering does like to have RAM. most likely 8 gigs is the absolute minimum. again depending on the source and what you are rendering; it might be a great value to have 16 gigs to speed up the process. better to have a little more than you need than not enough.

i'm going to leave it at that and hope it gave you a better understanding of what to look for when purchasing a system for your needs. given the pricing you are suffering with i am believing you have to make some concessions with what you purchase. i hope you choose the lesser of two evils.

good luck and happy to help with any questions if i can.
Share
August 24, 2012 1:36:41 AM

Best answer selected by horadenover.
m
0
l
August 24, 2012 1:41:45 AM

Anonymous said:
wow. yes it can be very over whelming. btw, your english is fine, don't worry about it. :) 

trying to not add to the confusion when i'll make a few points.

the cpu is better when it has more threads for video editing/rendering (it can do more tasks in a short time). an i7 is four (or quad) core with hyperthreading for a total of 8 threads. an i5 is a four core without hyperthreading for 4 threads. AMD cpus such as bulldozer, they start with an FX in the name, like FX 8150 also has 8 threads where as a PhenomII x6 has six threads.

so i7>FX81xx>PIIx6>i5>anything else when it comes to a cpu.

another important aspect is having more than one hard drive, maybe more so than the cpu, when it comes time for rendering. when you render, you are reading the source and writing the rendering to the hard drive. if it is the same had drive it will take much longer to read and write to the same one than if it was reading from one drive and writing to another.

exactly what you are editing and how you render it will benefit by having a separate drive for a scratch disk. some professionals go as far as having separate disks for source, scratch and final output (3). since you are buying a prebuild; it may be wise to consider leaving some money left aside to add another smaller hard drive.

finally rendering does like to have RAM. most likely 8 gigs is the absolute minimum. again depending on the source and what you are rendering; it might be a great value to have 16 gigs to speed up the process. better to have a little more than you need than not enough.

i'm going to leave it at that and hope it gave you a better understanding of what to look for when purchasing a system for your needs. given the pricing you are suffering with i am believing you have to make some concessions with what you purchase. i hope you choose the lesser of two evils.

good luck and happy to help with any questions if i can.


Thank you!
Some thanks gift (?) Of course I don´t know your tastes, but just in case, it is good music
not from Argentina; Turkish music:

https://hotfile.com/dl/167178693/9954df9/Erkan.Ogur_Fua....(_Djivan_Gasparyan)_turksipa_ilhan_nl.zip.html

Regards.
Andrea
m
0
l
!