Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Best case for gtx 500 series

Last response: in Components
Share
November 20, 2011 7:11:03 PM

which computer case is best for asus sabertooth p67 , x58 and asus p8z68-v pro board and also for nvidia gtx 500 series of 400 series?? my budget is 60 to 70$?

More about : case gtx 500 series

a b ) Power supply
a b Ĉ ASUS
November 20, 2011 7:20:08 PM

The Cooler master HAF series is very superior in the air flow, i got the HAF 912 and it's fantastic, if you're gonna run SLI/CF i recommend HAF 922/932.
m
0
l
a b ) Power supply
November 20, 2011 7:33:00 PM

ilysaml said:
The Cooler master HAF series is very superior in the air flow, i got the HAF 912 and it's fantastic, if you're gonna run SLI/CF i recommend HAF 922/932.


how is it superior?
m
0
l
Related resources
a c 137 ) Power supply
a b Ĉ ASUS
November 20, 2011 7:33:15 PM

Really, most any case with decent airflow will do the job.
By decent, I think two 120mm intake fans or equivalent will do the job.

Past that, it is largely a matter of personal preference.
If you love cases, spend what you need to to get a case that you live.

If you do not care too much about looks or "bling", then get a basic functional case.
One of the best positive pressure cases is the Antec 300 illusion for $70:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

A low cost negative pressure case is the Antec 200 for $45.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

Either will do the job.

If you will buy a GTX5.. or a GTX4.. or any other card, prefer to
get one with a direct exhaust double slot cooler that will get the hot air directly out the back of your case.
m
0
l
a b ) Power supply
November 20, 2011 7:34:34 PM

hhhjaam said:
which computer case is best for asus sabertooth p67 , x58 and asus p8z68-v pro board and also for nvidia gtx 500 series of 400 series?? my budget is 60 to 70$?


$52 after promo code and offers as much "superior" airflow as most cases twice its price (basically because it's a $100 on sale)
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
m
0
l
November 20, 2011 7:43:16 PM

geofelt said:
Really, most any case with decent airflow will do the job.
By decent, I think two 120mm intake fans or equivalent will do the job.

Past that, it is largely a matter of personal preference.
If you love cases, spend what you need to to get a case that you live.

If you do not care too much about looks or "bling", then get a basic functional case.
One of the best positive pressure cases is the Antec 300 illusion for $70:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

A low cost negative pressure case is the Antec 200 for $45.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

Either will do the job.

If you will buy a GTX5.. or a GTX4.. or any other card, prefer to
get one with a direct exhaust double slot cooler that will get the hot air directly out the back of your case.

im kinda confuse which one to choose ? which is the best under 60$$ ?
m
0
l
a b ) Power supply
November 20, 2011 7:48:17 PM

there is really no best among cases at equal price points as most simply offer minor differences. get the case you think looks best in your home.
m
0
l
a b ) Power supply
a b Ĉ ASUS
November 20, 2011 7:49:54 PM

@OP, are you going to have SLI/CF ? will you be putting high end CPU coolers like the Noctua NH-D14? Cause the Antec cases have some length compatibility issues.
m
0
l
a c 137 ) Power supply
a b Ĉ ASUS
November 20, 2011 7:56:28 PM

hhhjaam said:
im kinda confuse which one to choose ? which is the best under 60$$ ?


I agree with dirty ferret.
Get the case you love, and the LIAN LI Lancool PC-K59 he referenced is a very nice case.

Look at the shipping charges for cases, free is good. Cases are heavy, and it takes about $20 to ship them.

Do some research yourself, and post some links to some candidate cases that fit your budget.
m
0
l
November 20, 2011 8:07:24 PM

ilysaml said:
@OP, are you going to have SLI/CF ? will you be putting high end CPU coolers like the Noctua NH-D14? Cause the Antec cases have some length compatibility issues.

yes i want for sli support too
m
0
l
November 20, 2011 8:09:01 PM

geofelt said:
I agree with dirty ferret.
Get the case you love, and the LIAN LI Lancool PC-K59 he referenced is a very nice case.

Look at the shipping charges for cases, free is good. Cases are heavy, and it takes about $20 to ship them.

Do some research yourself, and post some links to some candidate cases that fit your budget.

actually i dont really know about cases a lot so i want a one case frm here i go and buy without any doubts......any suggestions?
m
0
l
a b ) Power supply
a b Ĉ ASUS
November 20, 2011 8:12:34 PM

So you probably need a case with a 200/240mm side fan to throw fresh air into the cards, as long as i like the HAF series for the design, High Air Flow, length & width i still recommend the HAF 922. it costs around $80.
m
0
l
a b ) Power supply
November 20, 2011 8:15:46 PM

ilysaml said:
So you probably need a case with a 200/240mm side fan to throw fresh air into the cards, as long as i like the HAF series for the design, High Air Flow, length & width i still recommend the HAF 922. it costs around $80.


you obviously don't understand proper case airflow very well do you? :pfff: 
m
0
l
November 20, 2011 8:19:46 PM

dirtyferret said:
you obviously don't understand proper case airflow very well do you? :pfff: 

sadly i do not bt can u explain a bit for me?
m
0
l
a b ) Power supply
November 20, 2011 8:28:22 PM

hhhjaam said:
sadly i do not bt can u explain a bit for me?


i was talking about ilysaml who seems more interested in justifying his case purchase then actually helping you out.

like all of us have stated, there really is no "best case". you pick five modern cases at $70, the differences between those cases are minor. One may have a painted interior while another has an extra 120mm fan, and then another offers an extra filter. Get the case you think looks best.

the antec 300 illusion offers great out of the box cooling with four fans and a sturdy case
the CM 912 is a solid case with a removable HDD for longer cards but only comes with 2 fans
the CM 922 offers 200m fans and plenty of room but lacks side filters so it gather lots of dust unless you buy filters
the lian li comes with three fans, removable HDD cage, and filters. It's a $100 case for $52

plus I could name tons of more cases, all of which are great. Buy the one you think looks best!
m
0
l
a b ) Power supply
a b Ĉ ASUS
November 20, 2011 8:45:36 PM

dirtyferret said:
you obviously don't understand proper case airflow very well do you? :pfff: 

Actually i do, do you ?


Do you see the "Advanced Cooling System" Did i make up anything ?
What you listed, including any of those cooling features ?
Can't you be a man enough to stop arrogance and stop thinking you know everything ?
Can you read ? If so check this
http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/cooling-airflow-hea...
http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/cooling-air-pressur...
m
0
l
a b ) Power supply
November 20, 2011 9:02:22 PM

ilysaml said:
Actually i do, do you ?
http://www.coolermaster.com/upload/product_feature/haf-922-Black-web_mat.jpg

Do you see the "Advanced Cooling System" Did i make up anything ?
What you listed, including any of those cooling features ?
Can't you be a man enough to stop arrogance and stop thinking you know everything ?
Can you read ? If so check this
http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/cooling-airflow-hea...
http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/cooling-air-pressur...


fantastic, you linked a bunch of marketing material from a brand that sells after market fans. Congratulations, you have proved you can reiterate marketing material, truly that proves you know nothing about what you are talking about :non: 
m
0
l
a b ) Power supply
a b Ĉ ASUS
November 20, 2011 9:06:14 PM

I won't reply to you anymore, best thing is to leave you talk to yourself.
m
0
l
November 20, 2011 9:28:18 PM

dirtyferret said:
fantastic, you linked a bunch of marketing material from a brand that sells after market fans. Congratulations, you have proved you can reiterate marketing material, truly that proves you know nothing about what you are talking about :non: 



which case is best with asus p8z68-v pro and 500 series or 400 series with same budget can suggest more?
m
0
l
a b ) Power supply
November 20, 2011 9:33:06 PM

hhhjaam said:
which case is best with asus p8z68-v pro and 500 series or 400 series with same budget can suggest more?


OK all cases under $70 in my personal opinion

1. the lian-li i linked above
2. rosewill ranger
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
3. the antec 300 illusion linked by geofelt
4. the cooler master 912 linked by ilysaml

all good cases but that is the order I would put them in
m
0
l
November 20, 2011 9:37:05 PM

I just built in a corsair carbide 500r, it had incredible cable management + a crazy number of additional fan slots, I would recommend it to anyone. Plus, it is exceedingly quiet, don't know much about the coolermaster stuff, but I am 100% satisfied with what I have.
m
0
l
a b ) Power supply
November 20, 2011 9:37:58 PM

great case (i have the 400R which is basically identical) but it's twice his budget
m
0
l
!