I would like to remove the color framing the text in the
icons so that the background is visible through it, but
so far I have not succeeded. The closest I've come to is
just having white, which isn't satisfactory. Any ideas?

peter

Right click on an empty space on the desktop then click "Arrange icons by"
then go down to "lock web items...." unclick that..

--
Peter.
Toronto, Canada.

Thanks so much! I had done that abotu 10 minutes prior to your response, and I looked on the desktop and there it was! But I wasn't sure what I did to make it like that, thank you for telling me, it helped a lot!