Icons on the desktop

I would like to remove the color framing the text in the
icons so that the background is visible through it, but
so far I have not succeeded. The closest I've come to is
just having white, which isn't satisfactory. Any ideas?
3 answers Last reply
More about icons desktop

    Right click on an empty space on the desktop then click "Arrange icons by"
    then go down to "lock web items...." unclick that..

    --
    Peter.
    Toronto, Canada.

    Thanks so much! I had done that abotu 10 minutes prior to your response, and I looked on the desktop and there it was! But I wasn't sure what I did to make it like that, thank you for telling me, it helped a lot!

    "Peter" wrote:

    > Right click on an empty space on the desktop then click "Arrange icons by"
    > then go down to "lock web items...." unclick that..
    >
    > --
    > Peter.
    > Toronto, Canada.
    > Windows XP Home SP1. Pentium 4 @ 3.00ghz, 160gb HD, 1.00gb DDR

    You're welcome!

    --
    Peter.
    Toronto, Canada.
    Windows XP Home SP1. Pentium 4 @ 3.00ghz, 160gb HD, 1.00gb DDR

Configuration Desktops Customization Icons Windows XP