Graphics Upgrade Any Suggestions?

Marktime

Distinguished
Mar 7, 2008
Below is a basic list of my PC out of 2007, and though over all I am happy I thought to increase my graphics possibilities by upping the graphics card quality. I dont want to spend hundreds and do a lot of video editing and graphics works, and do not want to spend 50 -100 for just one or 2% better card.

I currently have the HIS H26XQT512NV2P Radeon HD 2600XT 512MB 128-bit GDDR3 PCI Express x16 HDCP Ready has a 830 fixed engine clock (do not care about over clocking) and 1.86 GHz memory clock http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...ark=&IsFeedbackTab=true&Page=2#scrollFullInfo When I try to do screen capture it is fine at a small window and 30 fps, but when I try a full screen capture it slows down to 3 or 4 fps. Running dual monitors (1280x1024max) I am sure taxes the card but the below card is 1024 MB instead of 512 which is the current HIS card.

A friend claimed I could do much better with old system with a new GeForce GT 520http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...yMark=False&IsFeedbackTab=true#scrollFullInfo, and claims the technology and stats are much better than what I have, but it does not seem so and I am no pro at this, and when I read about this card it does not seem people are so impressed with it. I want to be able to process videos and have a faster screen capture at full screen without spending hundreds.

So in the end without having to spend too much are there any suggestions for a card between 50 and 100. To spend any more than this I might as well upgrade the whole PC, and I do not plan to do that. It seems cheaper to get 1 better card than to have crossfire etc... Seems people are very opinionated over ATi or NVidia. Any suggestion welcome Thanks in advance :)

Mainboard : ASUS P5K Vanilla
Chipset : P35 + ICH9

Processor : 2.40 gigahertz Intel Core2 Quad Q6600

Graphics: HIS ATI Radeon HD 2600 XT IceQ

Physical Memory : 4 x 2048

Monitor Type : 2 Medion 19\" LCD Max resolution 1280 x 1024

Operating System : Win 7 64 Bit

Marktime

Distinguished
Mar 7, 2008
Also noticed that both are DDR3, can this rig also handle graphics cards that are DDR5, or DDR4 (is there a DDR4?) I Want to get the best bang for the money... Thanks again...