Motherboard temperature help

Jammerrss

Honorable
Aug 23, 2012
Hello,

i was checking my system temperatures this morning and was stunned to see that AIDA 64 said my motherboard was running at 65 degrees (c)

i instantly turned the computer and loaded up BIOS (taking 5-10 seconds) and BIOS said the motherboard was only 39 degree C.

Surely a motherboard cant cool down nearly 30 degrees in 10 seconds right?

another thing is my CPU was only at 40 degrees while my motherboard was at 65, again surely that cant be right?

picture of temps : http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/5652/tempsn.png

Jammerrss

Honorable
Aug 23, 2012

Motherboard: ASUS p8h61-mx
Cpu: Intel core I3 2120k
Case: i'm not actually sure, was off a friend.
HSF: stock heatsink
HDD: 1tb seagate barracuda 7200rpm
RAM: 8gb crucial ballistix sport
GPU: evga geforce gtx 560 ti DS

Try removing the case's side panel and make sure you don't have a ton of dust or blockage to the MOBO's chipset. Then test again with the side panel off.

Let me know the temps.

The big blue ASUS square:
mLylswOqxJlBLt67_500.jpg

Jammerrss

Honorable
Aug 23, 2012

Some of the GPU is covering the square, however I have tested temperatures with the card removed and there is no difference so i don't think it can be that. Motherboard temperatures remain very similar as above without the side panel on.

Jammerrss

Honorable
Aug 23, 2012
I couldn't tell you the exact temperature however it could be around 80, it's in a very hot room. However even with windows open and my room fan on the motherboard temperature stays around the same

EDIT: also just realised when i play games my motherboard temperature actually drops to 59 degree C

TRENDING THREADS