Solved

ATX vs mATX standoffs

Hey guys, quick question:

Do ATX and mATX motherboards use the same type of standoff? A case I'm interested in says it comes with 9 ATX standoffs, but I've got a microATX board. I should still be able to use these standoffs, correct?

Thanks!
7 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about matx standoffs
  1. A normal ATX case will support a mATX case. What case in particular?
  2. The standoffs are identical (or at least they will be compatible) but they will be in a different position.

Most cases support multiple form factors. The necessary holes will be drilled in the case and have a marking beside them indicating which formfactor they are intended for.
  3. It's the CoolerMaster HAF 912.
    I already know there are appropriate mATX holes, I just wasn't sure if the standoffs included were compatible.
  4. If you see the mATX holes then you're good to go. The standoffs are identical on all major cases
  5. Best answer
    PShooter1337 said:
    It's the CoolerMaster HAF 912.
    I already know there are appropriate mATX holes, I just wasn't sure if the standoffs included were compatible.

Compatible in height then yes, positions then no and you'll need to move the bottom 3 standoffs and use 2 of those moved, to the mATX positions which should be imprinted on the MOBO pan otherwise eyeball them. Never allow a standoff to NOT line-up with the MOBO's screw holes. Only the bottom (3) need to be moved (up). Most mATX use 2 instead of three holes on the bottom B + (R or S) (B, R & S are mATX only); see image.

(rotate counter clockwise 90 deg/ F-J-M are the top)
  6. Alright then, thanks everyone!
  7. Best answer selected by PShooter1337.
Ask a new question

Read More

Motherboards Cases ATX