Sign in with
Your question
Solved

ATX vs mATX standoffs

Last response: in Motherboards
August 23, 2012 2:58:35 PM

Hey guys, quick question:

Do ATX and mATX motherboards use the same type of standoff? A case I'm interested in says it comes with 9 ATX standoffs, but I've got a microATX board. I should still be able to use these standoffs, correct?

Thanks!

More about : atx matx standoffs

a b V Motherboard
August 23, 2012 3:00:18 PM

A normal ATX case will support a mATX case. What case in particular?
m
l
a c 170 V Motherboard
August 23, 2012 3:03:50 PM

The standoffs are identical (or at least they will be compatible) but they will be in a different position.

Most cases support multiple form factors. The necessary holes will be drilled in the case and have a marking beside them indicating which formfactor they are intended for.
m
l
Related resources
August 23, 2012 3:25:26 PM

It's the CoolerMaster HAF 912.
I already know there are appropriate mATX holes, I just wasn't sure if the standoffs included were compatible.
m
l
a c 170 V Motherboard
August 23, 2012 3:27:28 PM

If you see the mATX holes then you're good to go. The standoffs are identical on all major cases
m
l

Best solution

a c 717 V Motherboard
August 23, 2012 3:42:29 PM

PShooter1337 said:
It's the CoolerMaster HAF 912.
I already know there are appropriate mATX holes, I just wasn't sure if the standoffs included were compatible.

Compatible in height then yes, positions then no and you'll need to move the bottom 3 standoffs and use 2 of those moved, to the mATX positions which should be imprinted on the MOBO pan otherwise eyeball them. Never allow a standoff to NOT line-up with the MOBO's screw holes. Only the bottom (3) need to be moved (up). Most mATX use 2 instead of three holes on the bottom B + (R or S) (B, R & S are mATX only); see image.

(rotate counter clockwise 90 deg/ F-J-M are the top)
August 23, 2012 3:48:07 PM

Alright then, thanks everyone!
m
l
August 23, 2012 3:48:38 PM

Best answer selected by PShooter1337.
m
l
!