Asus P8H61M LX Bios update problem

ayaz_32

Honorable
Jul 22, 2012
Hello community. I need you help regarding next issue:
After I installed WIN7, I wanted to update the bios to 4301 version, the last one regarding Asus Official website. I updated it from AI SUITE II with the option "Update Bios from file". All went right until it asked me for a restart. I click Yes, it went restart, but surprise: The Windows kept blocking at the loading screen. The only solution I`ve had was the OS reinstallation. Now the OS is bootable, but at the start, after the nice Asus blue first screen, it shows the American Megatrends screen where at the bottom is says: "Important: Update the same BIOS version again to complete BIOS update and to boot up succesfully.
When updating Bios using "Asus Update" in the OS, close all application before continuing.
Press F1 to continue"

The question is simple: Should I risk and go for what it`s asked or what?
Waiting for you help, dear community!

G

hi mann i have the same motherboard like you and i have update it too many times but never had a problem .... if you want to update your bios do it from bios and not from ai suite II...and after doing it you must set the exact configurations of bios that you used before because they return to default ... ps download bios file only from official asus website http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/Intel_Socket_1155/P8H61M_LX/ here it is on download section