Please help ! Reddish text with ati card on Windows 7

ubuntu7

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2011
I am getting text with reddish outline after installing HD 5670 card. Earlier there was no problem with on-board geforece 6150 graphics. I'm using dvi to vga converter to connect dvi port of card to vga of monitor. My monitor is Lg W1953T 1360*768.

Here is a screen shot. Please click on the image to see larger version:

capture3um.png

I see no red on your screen shot., although the text you are pointing to is stretched or shrunk from it's original size. Do you have your desktop enlarged under the properties? When things are enlarged, rather than using a larger font, there is blurry edges on stuff.

ubuntu7

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2011

No, my desktop is of normal size. I have enlarged the image to make it easier to see. The image in posted her is resized to small size automatically. Please click on the image and see the larger version then only you will see reddish outlines.

ubuntu7

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2011
bystander and jeepster50 thanks for replying !

@jeepster50 adjusting clear type text improves the text but I still see slight red tinge. Is this happening due to DVI to VGA conversion ?
@bystander i think my monitor is al-right because 2 days ago it was working fine with integrated nvidia graphics. Problem started when I installed Ati graphics card.

The problem is not huge. It is only noticeable in text but I was expecting better picture quality after spending on a discrete graphics card :(

jeepster50

Distinguished
Mar 27, 2011

If I look real close at the text on my panel I see the same thing but not as noticeable as your screen shot, and I'm using HDMI to monitor. Yes the digital to analog conversion can cause this, a damaged cable can do this as well. Try the VGA connector on your card and see if it's better.

Edit; In my case I have a big old CRT monitor next to my LCD (Electro-Magnetic interference?).

sHuib86

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2010
what version of CCC (catalyst control center) driver ur using? if I remember, there is a version of CCC that causing that reddish effects. just update the CCC driver to the latest one (CCC 11.6)

ubuntu7

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2011

Thanks for replying. I'm using 11.6 verson.

jeepster50

Distinguished
Mar 27, 2011

A better quality LCD is need. You can have the highest end card (nvidia/amd) and it wont help if you have a low quality panel.

A discrete card isn't really designed to improve your desktop in anyway. These cards help with 3D and video quality more than anything. How is the new card in those areas?

ubuntu7

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2011

The card performs well in latest games like mirror's edge, portal 2, and Biohock. I can set the graphics to the highest setting. I have not tested it with other games. Also the card scores 7.0 on windows experience index which is great.