Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Auto-Logoff

Last response: in Windows XP
Share
July 6, 2004 3:16:14 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize (More info?)

I have family members who walk away from the PC logged
on. It drives me nuts! Is there an auto logoff feature
for XP Home Edition?

More about : auto logoff

July 6, 2004 3:55:01 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize (More info?)

"Dave" wrote:

> I have family members who walk away from the PC logged
> on. It drives me nuts! Is there an auto logoff feature
> for XP Home Edition?
>
Just put a screen saver and check the option on return show the user selection
something like that
then they will still be logged on but theyll have to retype their password to log in
Anonymous
July 7, 2004 1:01:10 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize (More info?)

HOW TO: Force Users to Quit Programs and Log Off After a Period of Inactivity in Windows XP:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;314999&sd=tech

Download details: Windows Server XP/2003 Resource Kit Tools: (contains winexit.scr)
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyI...

--
Ramesh - Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User
http://www.mvps.org/sramesh2k

AumHa VSOP: http://www.aumha.org

"Dave" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2817f01c46385$5316f470$a301280a@phx.gbl...
I have family members who walk away from the PC logged
on. It drives me nuts! Is there an auto logoff feature
for XP Home Edition?
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
July 18, 2004 8:11:14 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize (More info?)

The download is huge, and has tons of tools that a home user wouldn't
want. Is it possible to get just the "winexit.scr"?

I'm using XP Home.

<*((((><{
Fishy@Ocean.Net

On Wed, 7 Jul 2004 09:01:10 +0530, "Ramesh [MVP]"
<ramesh@nojunkmails.com@mvps.org> wrote:

|HOW TO: Force Users to Quit Programs and Log Off After a Period of Inactivity in Windows XP:
|http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;314999&sd=tech
|
|Download details: Windows Server XP/2003 Resource Kit Tools: (contains winexit.scr)
|http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyI...
Anonymous
July 19, 2004 4:25:53 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize (More info?)

Yep.

http://www.computerperformance.co.uk/ezine/tools.htm#Wi...

Direct download
http://www.computerperformance.co.uk/ScriptsGuy/WinExit...

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.
Wes

In news:1r0mf0te39tv6f7oan53n9qhuomti5ksm1@4ax.com,
<*((((><{ <*((((> hunted and pecked:
> The download is huge, and has tons of tools that a home user wouldn't
> want. Is it possible to get just the "winexit.scr"?
>
> I'm using XP Home.
>
> <*((((><{
> Fishy@Ocean.Net
>
> On Wed, 7 Jul 2004 09:01:10 +0530, "Ramesh [MVP]"
> <ramesh@nojunkmails.com@mvps.org> wrote:
>
>> HOW TO: Force Users to Quit Programs and Log Off After a Period of
>> Inactivity in Windows XP:
>> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;314999&sd=tech
>>
>> Download details: Windows Server XP/2003 Resource Kit Tools:
>> (contains winexit.scr)
>>
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyI...
Anonymous
July 19, 2004 11:37:08 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize (More info?)

Thanks Wesley.

--
Ramesh - Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User
http://www.mvps.org/sramesh2k

Windows 2000 Group Policy Registry Table:
http://www.microsoft.com/windows2000/techinfo/reskit/en...

"Wesley Vogel" <123WVogel955@comcast.net> wrote in message news:kyEKc.111854$a24.48376@attbi_s03...
Yep.

http://www.computerperformance.co.uk/ezine/tools.htm#Wi...

Direct download
http://www.computerperformance.co.uk/ScriptsGuy/WinExit...

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.
Wes

In news:1r0mf0te39tv6f7oan53n9qhuomti5ksm1@4ax.com,
<*((((><{ <*((((> hunted and pecked:
> The download is huge, and has tons of tools that a home user wouldn't
> want. Is it possible to get just the "winexit.scr"?
>
> I'm using XP Home.
>
> <*((((><{
> Fishy@Ocean.Net
>
> On Wed, 7 Jul 2004 09:01:10 +0530, "Ramesh [MVP]"
> <ramesh@nojunkmails.com@mvps.org> wrote:
>
>> HOW TO: Force Users to Quit Programs and Log Off After a Period of
>> Inactivity in Windows XP:
>> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;314999&sd=tech
>>
>> Download details: Windows Server XP/2003 Resource Kit Tools:
>> (contains winexit.scr)
>>
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyI...
Anonymous
July 19, 2004 11:37:09 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize (More info?)

:-)

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.
Wes

In news:emvfoSTbEHA.3012@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl,
Ramesh [MVP] <ramesh@nojunkmails.com@mvps.org> hunted and pecked:
> Thanks Wesley.
>
> --
> Ramesh - Microsoft MVP
> Windows XP Shell/User
> http://www.mvps.org/sramesh2k
>
> Windows 2000 Group Policy Registry Table:
> http://www.microsoft.com/windows2000/techinfo/reskit/en...
>
> "Wesley Vogel" <123WVogel955@comcast.net> wrote in message
> news:kyEKc.111854$a24.48376@attbi_s03...
> Yep.
>
> http://www.computerperformance.co.uk/ezine/tools.htm#Wi...
>
> Direct download
> http://www.computerperformance.co.uk/ScriptsGuy/WinExit...
>
> --
> Hope this helps. Let us know.
> Wes
>
> In news:1r0mf0te39tv6f7oan53n9qhuomti5ksm1@4ax.com,
> <*((((><{ <*((((> hunted and pecked:
>> The download is huge, and has tons of tools that a home user wouldn't
>> want. Is it possible to get just the "winexit.scr"?
>>
>> I'm using XP Home.
>>
>> <*((((><{
>> Fishy@Ocean.Net
>>
>> On Wed, 7 Jul 2004 09:01:10 +0530, "Ramesh [MVP]"
>> <ramesh@nojunkmails.com@mvps.org> wrote:
>>
>>> HOW TO: Force Users to Quit Programs and Log Off After a Period of
>>> Inactivity in Windows XP:
>>> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;314999&sd=tech
>>>
>>> Download details: Windows Server XP/2003 Resource Kit Tools:
>>> (contains winexit.scr)
>>>
>
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyI...
!