Auto-Logoff

I have family members who walk away from the PC logged
on. It drives me nuts! Is there an auto logoff feature
for XP Home Edition?
6 answers Last reply
More about auto logoff

    "Dave" wrote:

    > I have family members who walk away from the PC logged
    > on. It drives me nuts! Is there an auto logoff feature
    > for XP Home Edition?

    Just put a screen saver and check the option on return show the user selection
    something like that
    then they will still be logged on but theyll have to retype their password to log in

    HOW TO: Force Users to Quit Programs and Log Off After a Period of Inactivity in Windows XP:
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;314999&sd=tech

    Download details: Windows Server XP/2003 Resource Kit Tools: (contains winexit.scr)
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=9d467a69-57ff-4ae7-96ee-b18c4790cffd&displaylang=en

    --
    Ramesh - Microsoft MVP
    Windows XP Shell/User

    AumHa VSOP: http://www.aumha.org

    "Dave" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2817f01c46385$5316f470$a301280a@phx.gbl...
    I have family members who walk away from the PC logged
    on. It drives me nuts! Is there an auto logoff feature
    for XP Home Edition?

    The download is huge, and has tons of tools that a home user wouldn't
    want. Is it possible to get just the "winexit.scr"?

    I'm using XP Home.

    <*((((><{
    Fishy@Ocean.Net

    On Wed, 7 Jul 2004 09:01:10 +0530, "Ramesh [MVP]"
    <ramesh@nojunkmails.com@mvps.org> wrote:

    |HOW TO: Force Users to Quit Programs and Log Off After a Period of Inactivity in Windows XP:
    |http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;314999&sd=tech
    |
    |Download details: Windows Server XP/2003 Resource Kit Tools: (contains winexit.scr)
    |http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=9d467a69-57ff-4ae7-96ee-b18c4790cffd&displaylang=en

    Yep.

    http://www.computerperformance.co.uk/ezine/tools.htm#WinExit.scr

    Direct download
    http://www.computerperformance.co.uk/ScriptsGuy/WinExit.zip

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.
    Wes

    In news:1r0mf0te39tv6f7oan53n9qhuomti5ksm1@4ax.com,
    <*((((><{ <*((((> hunted and pecked:
    > The download is huge, and has tons of tools that a home user wouldn't
    > want. Is it possible to get just the "winexit.scr"?
    >
    > I'm using XP Home.
    >
    > <*((((><{
    > Fishy@Ocean.Net
    >
    > On Wed, 7 Jul 2004 09:01:10 +0530, "Ramesh [MVP]"
    > <ramesh@nojunkmails.com@mvps.org> wrote:
    >
    >> HOW TO: Force Users to Quit Programs and Log Off After a Period of
    >> Inactivity in Windows XP:
    >> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;314999&sd=tech
    >>
    >> Download details: Windows Server XP/2003 Resource Kit Tools:
    >> (contains winexit.scr)

    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=9d467a69-57ff-4ae7-96ee-b18c4790cffd&displaylang=en

    Thanks Wesley.

    --
    Ramesh - Microsoft MVP
    Windows XP Shell/User

    Windows 2000 Group Policy Registry Table:
    http://www.microsoft.com/windows2000/techinfo/reskit/en-us/gp/gpref.asp

    "Wesley Vogel" <123WVogel955@comcast.net> wrote in message news:kyEKc.111854$a24.48376@attbi_s03...
    Yep.

    http://www.computerperformance.co.uk/ezine/tools.htm#WinExit.scr

    Direct download
    http://www.computerperformance.co.uk/ScriptsGuy/WinExit.zip

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.
    Wes

    In news:1r0mf0te39tv6f7oan53n9qhuomti5ksm1@4ax.com,
    <*((((><{ <*((((> hunted and pecked:
    > The download is huge, and has tons of tools that a home user wouldn't
    > want. Is it possible to get just the "winexit.scr"?
    >
    > I'm using XP Home.
    >
    > <*((((><{
    > Fishy@Ocean.Net
    >
    > On Wed, 7 Jul 2004 09:01:10 +0530, "Ramesh [MVP]"
    > <ramesh@nojunkmails.com@mvps.org> wrote:
    >
    >> HOW TO: Force Users to Quit Programs and Log Off After a Period of
    >> Inactivity in Windows XP:
    >> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;314999&sd=tech
    >>
    >> Download details: Windows Server XP/2003 Resource Kit Tools:
    >> (contains winexit.scr)

    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=9d467a69-57ff-4ae7-96ee-b18c4790cffd&displaylang=en

    :-)

    --