what's the best game ever!

isn't it about time some stupid cunt asked this question?
28 answers Last reply
More about what game ever
  1. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube (More info?)

    > isn't it about time some stupid cunt asked this question?

    Joust.
  2. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube (More info?)

    Simon's Quest. Ghouls N' Ghosts.

    HDTV games lists and discussions
    http://www.hdtvarcade.com

    "pip_spud" <pip_spud@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > isn't it about time some stupid cunt asked this question?
  3. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube (More info?)

    Toss-up between Ms. Pac-Man and Donkey-Kong.

    T-Rex

    "pip_spud" <pip_spud@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > isn't it about time some stupid cunt asked this question?
  4. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube (More info?)

    "pip_spud" <pip_spud@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > isn't it about time some stupid cunt asked this question?

    Personally, I like Hide the Sausage.
  5. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube (More info?)

    Its A Link to the Past...bar none
  6. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube (More info?)

    can't decide:

    Elite
    Robotron
    Super Mario Bros 1 & 3
    Doom
    Mario 64
    Goldeneye
    Resident evil 4

    All left me with the feeling that it was the best game ever (up until
    that point in time).

    pip_spud wrote:

    > isn't it about time some stupid cunt asked this question?
  7. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube (More info?)

    super mario bros. 3
  8. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube (More info?)

    "TheLightsAreOn" <fake@thisaddress.com> wrote in message
    > > isn't it about time some stupid cunt asked this question?
    > >

    > Joust

    Galaga!!!!!.
  9. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube (More info?)

    Mike Moeslien wrote:
    > super mario bros. 3

    Yes.

    joemono
  10. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube (More info?)

    > Mike Moeslien wrote:
    >> super mario bros. 3
    >
    > Yes.
    >
    > joemono

    I will give it a VERY CLOSE second, but still choose Joust.
  11. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube (More info?)

    snes's Zelda "link to past"=my 1st LOVE.

    "TIP" wrapping your Keyboard in SaranWrap,keeps Stickey buttons"NO
    PRoblemo"-N- fluids Will ruin it.Bank on it.
  12. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube (More info?)

    pip_spud wrote:
    > isn't it about time some stupid cunt asked this question?

    Fending off flames in advance, eh?

    The best game ever is Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island. Go and find
    a game with better and more imaginative level design, enemy design,
    environment design, graphic design, and super-simple-yet-oh-so-deep
    interface design. It can't be done. There are some other games that
    are very, very close (Grim Fandango, Deus Ex, Team Fortress Classic,
    Half-Life 2) but I'm afraid Yoshi's Island takes the cake.

    I notice that when I tell people that I think Yoshi's Island is the best
    game ever, they usually don't know what I'm talking about, because it
    was over-shadowed by the coming 32-bit systems and came in late to the
    SNES party. They seem to think that because they've never heard of this
    game, or because it looks like some cutesy niche title, that I'm the
    only person who really likes it. Put it this way, it was in development
    by Miyamoto and the rest of the Mario Team for four years, it was called
    the pinnacle of 2D gaming, Diehard Gamefan gave it *two* 100% reviews
    and one 99% review (the point was taken off because that reviewer
    thought Mario made an annoying sound effect when he was attacked).
    Though many people have never heard of it, it was in fact a big sleeper
    hit that sold many copies.

    My point is, if you have never played this game, GO BUY A COPY NOW. And
    preferably the SNES version, but if you have to get the GBA version, you
    should be okay (even though it crops the graphics). Don't shrug me off
    and think "eh, he's just a fanboy." If you miss out on this you are
    missing out on a masterpiece. Not just a very good game but a
    *masterpiece*. PLAY IT.

    So anyway, that's what I think the best game is.

    --

  13. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube (More info?)

    laziejim wrote:
    > Its A Link to the Past...bar none

    There was a time when I thought LTTP was one of the best games ever
    made, like in the top five definitely. A few days ago I started playing
    it again, and you know what I learned? Yes, it's a fun game, but it
    hasn't aged very well. The puzzles and dungeon-design are top-notch,
    but I was surprised by how dated it seemed. I think Miyamoto is a great
    designer but I think quite a few of his first or second-generation games
    haven't aged well (in terms of look, interface, etc.). Look at Super
    Mario Bros. against Super Mario Bros. 3. The first one was very early
    in the NES lifespan, the latter was later (heh). You can really feel
    this difference. As much as I love the Zelda series, I think the only
    one made so far that is truly timeless is Wind Waker. I think it is the
    most polished of them all (even OoT seems awfully rough in places).

    --

  14. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube (More info?)

    pip_spud wrote:
    > isn't it about time some stupid cunt asked this question?

    according to 1up.com, these are the best games ever:
    http://www.1up.com/do/feature?cId=3116290
  15. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube (More info?)

    "pip_spud" <pip_spud@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > isn't it about time some stupid cunt asked this question?

    Photoshop
  16. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube (More info?)

    either Mario 3 (Nes), Legend of Zelda (nes), Legend of Zelda OoT (64),
    or, of course, Pong...
  17. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube (More info?)

    Metroid

    "pip_spud" <pip_spud@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > isn't it about time some stupid cunt asked this question?
  18. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube (More info?)

    Ollie T wrote:

    > Ghouls N' Ghosts.

    Thats a great fukking game too
  19. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube (More info?)

    Jacob Oost wrote:
    > As much as I love the Zelda series, I think the only
    > one made so far that is truly timeless is Wind Waker. I think it is the
    > most polished of them all (even OoT seems awfully rough in places).

    Perhaps you should wait a few years before making that statement. When
    you play Wind Waker again after playing Zelda on Nintendo's 6th or 7th
    generation console you may feel differently...
  20. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube (More info?)

    Jacob Oost wrote:
    > pip_spud wrote:
    >
    >> isn't it about time some stupid cunt asked this question?
    >

    > Fending off flames in advance, eh?
    >
    > The best game ever is Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island. Go and find
    > a game with better and more imaginative level design, enemy design,
    > environment design, graphic design, and super-simple-yet-oh-so-deep
    > interface design. It can't be done. There are some other games that
    > are very, very close (Grim Fandango, Deus Ex, Team Fortress Classic,
    > Half-Life 2) but I'm afraid Yoshi's Island takes the cake.

    Are you grand inquisitor?
  21. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube (More info?)

    pip_spud wrote:
    > isn't it about time some stupid cunt asked this question?

    Strip poker.
  22. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube (More info?)

    On Tue, 15 Feb 2005 01:37:01 +0800, pip_spud <pip_spud@yahoo.com>
    thought hard and said:

    >isn't it about time some stupid cunt asked this question?

    ....Again, you mean?

    --
    -Daniel "Mr. Brevity" Kolle; 16 A.A. #2035
    Koji Kondo, Yo-Yo Ma, Gustav Mahler, Krzysztof Penderecki, and Geirr Tveitt are my Gods.

    pip_spud <pip_spud@yahoo.com> wrote in news:37c5skF59a529U1@individual.net:

    > isn't it about time some stupid cunt asked this question?

    Civilization 3, or maybe 2, I can't decide.
  24. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube (More info?)

    Delameko Stone wrote:
    >> Fending off flames in advance, eh?
    >>
    >> The best game ever is Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island. Go and
    >> find a game with better and more imaginative level design, enemy
    >> design, environment design, graphic design, and
    >> super-simple-yet-oh-so-deep interface design. It can't be done.
    >> There are some other games that are very, very close (Grim Fandango,
    >> Deus Ex, Team Fortress Classic, Half-Life 2) but I'm afraid Yoshi's
    >> Island takes the cake.
    >

    > Are you grand inquisitor?

    I believe he died centuries ago. Anyway, why do you ask?

    --

  25. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube (More info?)

    Metroid is awesome too, all of the games in that series.

    I said OoT (Ocarina of Time) not WW.
  26. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube (More info?)

    pip_spud schrieb:
    >> isn't it about time some stupid cunt asked this question?
    >
    > according to 1up.com, these are the best games ever:
    > http://www.1up.com/do/feature?cId=3116290

    According to 1up.com these are the most IMPORTANT games ever, not the
    best games ever.
    Some games are specifically in that list because they were an important
    failure, e.g.: E.T..

    Jan
  27. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube (More info?)

    THE BEST isn't till EVER be over.O? ever so far?Now thats one real
    personal gem game quiz..Snes's Link to Past had all my heartstring
    pullings,zero frame bores,Compelling story,timeless
    values,Ageless,difficulty levels for ALL gens to huff-n-puff I think I
    can funs,Replay wonders,(my ONE)perfect day play of incredibles meets
    their makers,..we get vast arrays of thrills per frames,Can't get enuff
    to satisfy that deep place in all our beings.
  28. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube (More info?)

    WTF? um, translation?

Console Gaming Games Video Gamecube Nintendo Video Games