Power supply for gtx460

hobbitboy

Distinguished
Nov 21, 2011
Thank you for the reply. I know the motherboard is a bit old but I have googled around and asked some friends and everybody has told me that it will be fine. I had to ask about the psu because I got different answers from everyone I asked haha.

hobbitboy

Distinguished
Nov 21, 2011
the whole story behind this:

To start with I cant afford a new computer but I can get the card because insurance is covering it. My old desktop died over the summer and I got this sever for free off of a friend. So with no desktop I just started using the server as one. Now I am getting the card for free because my house got hit by lighting over the summer also. That strike resulted in my TV and my old card hooked up to it to be completely fried. So in the end I have to get the card now and hopefully I will be able to use it. Later on I plan on building a new comp

Dainard Jackson

Distinguished
Sep 30, 2011
Hi friend,

Thank you for your valuable suggestion, Make sure your computer case can accommodate the Height, Width, and Depth of the power supply, if you are replacing an existing power supply, then take measurements of it before you discard it. Take a look at the graphic above to gain a better understanding of Height, Width, and Depth. if your power supply is considerable smaller than the typical dimensions of our atx power supplies then it could be possible that you have a micro atx power supplies.

Thanks
Dainard Jackson