Sign in with
Your question

Cabinet power button not working

Last response: in Components
November 21, 2011 4:01:14 AM

Hi,

My computer was working fine until yesterday when it suddenly collapsed. No power from SMPS,no fan was running, total dead silent. Power was there only in Mouse,keyboard (both PS/2) and my LAN port. Since then this problem persists. Provide power from main,Keyboard and mouse get power but nothing more.
Is this a problem with cabinet power button which is not working or SMPS has died? Is SMPS is not working then where the power in keybord and mouse is coming from?
a c 111 ) Power supply
November 21, 2011 5:11:12 AM

check to see if all cables are plugged in from your psu.
m
l
November 21, 2011 6:02:40 AM

Thanks for your reply!
I will definitely see that. But if this is a problem related to cable the PSU fan should run, right? power is coming to keyboard and mouse, so PSU power cable cannot be faulty.
m
l
Related resources
November 21, 2011 10:17:43 AM

Another thing to add, I have one HD 5770 ATI graphics card. For the last 2 weeks or so my computer is not booting up with the graphics card. It is working fine with inbuilt graphics. Does it indicate that my mobo (mainly PCI-E slot) started dying since then and the other day it completely died out?
just let me know 1 thing. Does power in kb and mouse indicate that my SMPS is doing well?
m
l
November 21, 2011 12:36:04 PM

ok..solved the problem..Jumpstarting of mobo did the trick for me.
m
l
November 10, 2012 4:24:44 AM

hi

i face the same problem. r u get any solution about ur pc?
if get then pls reply
my email id:
surajit.biplab@gmail.com
m
l
!