Cabinet power button not working

Hi,

My computer was working fine until yesterday when it suddenly collapsed. No power from SMPS,no fan was running, total dead silent. Power was there only in Mouse,keyboard (both PS/2) and my LAN port. Since then this problem persists. Provide power from main,Keyboard and mouse get power but nothing more.
Is this a problem with cabinet power button which is not working or SMPS has died? Is SMPS is not working then where the power in keybord and mouse is coming from?
5 answers Last reply
More about cabinet power button working
  1. check to see if all cables are plugged in from your psu.
  2. Thanks for your reply!
    I will definitely see that. But if this is a problem related to cable the PSU fan should run, right? power is coming to keyboard and mouse, so PSU power cable cannot be faulty.
  3. Another thing to add, I have one HD 5770 ATI graphics card. For the last 2 weeks or so my computer is not booting up with the graphics card. It is working fine with inbuilt graphics. Does it indicate that my mobo (mainly PCI-E slot) started dying since then and the other day it completely died out?
    just let me know 1 thing. Does power in kb and mouse indicate that my SMPS is doing well?
  4. ok..solved the problem..Jumpstarting of mobo did the trick for me.
  5. hi

i face the same problem. r u get any solution about ur pc?
    if get then pls reply
    my email id:
    surajit.biplab@gmail.com
Ask a new question

Read More

Power Supplies Mice Power Keyboards Components