Sign in with
Your question

Motherboard POSTs, no display

Last response: in Motherboards
August 23, 2012 10:20:03 PM

Hi, I recently recieved my RMA'd motherboard from Asus (P8Z77-V). As such, I was excited when I found out that the LEDs, fans, etc. would turn on. However, I discovered a horrendous fact: There is no display output! Does anyone know why? I almost forgot - I recently switched displays (form a 19" Viewsonic 1440x900) to an Asus 22" 1080p IPS panel. Same connectors, cables, same everything. I tried taking out the GPU, etc,but no luck. Everything else in my system is functional (CPU, display, GPU). The motherboard has this LED that turns red when the memory settings are bad, but the DIMMs I used were the same one I used before. There's also a memOK! button LED that claims to fix the problems, but no luck. I've already added bad DIMMs to my list of possible problems. Anything else?
a b V Motherboard
August 23, 2012 10:22:23 PM

If you have system sounds on, listen for the windows sound, meaning your computer booted fine.
m
l
August 23, 2012 10:33:56 PM

Nope, no sound. Another note, no input devices are working. Mouse and keyboard's LEDs are not lit up.
m
l
Related resources
a b V Motherboard
August 23, 2012 10:35:40 PM

themissingpiece said:
Nope, no sound. Another note, no input devices are working. Mouse and keyboard's LEDs are not lit up.

Most likely another DOA motherboard :/ 
m
l
August 23, 2012 10:42:28 PM

I think it's very unlikely. Asus tested it. I'm under the impression that it's the RAM.
m
l
a b V Motherboard
August 23, 2012 10:46:22 PM

themissingpiece said:
I think it's very unlikely. Asus tested it. I'm under the impression that it's the RAM.

Could be, do you have any spare RAM laying around, even if its like 512mb?
m
l
August 31, 2012 2:55:18 AM

As it turns out, it was a CPU installation issue. Thankfully, I did not have to replace the processor. I just reinstalled it and the isssues went away. :D 
m
l
!