Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Ivy BridgeDetailed..

Last response: in CPUs
November 21, 2011 10:50:07 AM

Hello,

I am looking for upgrade, I love onboard Graphics and I used desecrate gfx as well..

My question is Ivy bridge have on graphics on processor just like core i7 series..

If I buy 2600k Processor can I use that processor on Intel Z77 chipset...

What are the processors supported for intel Z77 chipset motherboards...

Z77chipset ( Ivy bridge ) can you tell me the difference in the graphics like 2600k series comes with HD3000..
Example..

Intel Z68 + 2600K = processor with ondie graphics and with VGA DVI HDMI out.. So basically I dont really need to buy graphics card..

Intel Z77 + ( ????? Processor )
Do they support Graphics or not..??? Is the graphics is supported in motherboard or in processor...???

Intel® Core™ i7-3930K Processor
(12M Cache, 3.20 GHz)
http://ark.intel.com/products/63697/Intel-Core-i7-3930K...

Look like i am confused because Integrated graphics is missing .. So can you reply all these questions..????

More about : ivy bridgedetailed

a c 159 à CPUs
a b å Intel
November 21, 2011 10:56:44 AM

Integrated graphics aren't listed as some of Intel's chipsets don't offer the option. If you see the video ports on the motherboard, and your cpu has the graphics on the die as most new ones do, then onboard will work. Even most of the low end celerons have it.
Score
November 21, 2011 11:31:56 AM

OK.. so what about Ivy Bridge and this new tech board and processor do they support on die graphics..??

I wanna know if I can use core i7 2600k with Intel Z77 chipset, Ivy chipset.. will I get on die graphics because it seems the mobo will have VGA DVI and HDMI ports as well..

Another thing, which specification is better..
Core™ i7-2600k + Intel Z68 this supports on die graphics with board
or
Core™ i7-3930K + Intel Z77

Which is better..?

I know there is still time for release date because only the processor is available for new Intel Ivy bridge technology.. Mother boards are yet to be released..
Score
Related resources
a b à CPUs
November 21, 2011 12:04:52 PM

Intel has done some announcements on Ivy Bridge allready. Expect a ~10% increase of processing power, somewhere between 50-100% increase in onboard GPU performance (depending on use and application). These will be LGA1155, and will work with Z68 chipsets. As to other current chipsets, there may or may not be support, largely based on the BIOS/UEFI of the motherboard.

New LGA2011 boards will not work with mainstream Ivy Bridge chips coming out. There will be an extreme version of IB to be released later (likely a year after the inital release), but Intel is known for making a new pin standard for each high end chip, meaning the IB-E series chips (or whatever they will call them) will likely not work with anything out today.

The advantage of a z77 over a z68 would be that the new z77 will take advantage of the new features of Ivy Bridge (of which there is a fairly large laundry list, which is not entirely finished or confirmed yet). But z77 is to be paired with an LGA1155 board, so the SB-E chips will not work with it like you think it will.
Score

Best solution

November 21, 2011 12:23:25 PM

You can not use the i7-3930K with the Z77 chipset.

There are two "levels" of platforms that Intel produces.

Mainstream Platforms:

Lynnfield, Clarkdale - LGA Socket 1156 - Chipsets supported: H55, H57, P55, Q57
Sandy Bridge - LGA Socket 1155 - Chipsets Supported: B65, H61, H67, P67, Z68
Ivy Bridge - LGA Socket 1155 - Chipsets Supported: Some P67 and Z68, B75, Q75, Q77, H77, Z75, Z77

According to wikipeida (not very reliable) all Ivy Bridge chipsets will support both Sandy Bridge and Ivy Bridge CPUs. This means your 2600K should go in any Z7X chipset you buy. Also, most all late model Z68 and some P67 chipset boards that are currently available are "suppose" to allow you to drop in an Ivy Bridge CPU once they come out although you won't have any features the new chipsets offer.

Enthusiast Platforms:

Bloomfield, Gulftown: LGA Socket 1366 - Chipsets Supported: X58
Sandy Bridge-E: LGA Socket 2011 - Chipsets Supported: X79
Ivy Bridge-E: LGA Socket 2011 - Chipsets Support: ??

It is important to note that you can not cross platforms. You cannot take an i7-3930K Sandy Bridge-E part and put it in an LGA Socket 1155 board with a Z77 chipset that is made for Ivy Bridge mainstream.

As of right now, the mainstream parts from here into the future will feature on die graphics processors. This is so people who buy a mainstream part with value in mind don't have to purchase a discrete graphics card because they may not be gaming. The enthusiast parts do not feature on die graphics (and I don't think Ivy Bridge-E is suppose to either, although not sure) because people who buy these are often going for serious horsepower and will buy multiple discrete graphics cards.

Hope this helps.
November 21, 2011 12:30:00 PM

And yes, an Ivy Bridge-E processor "should" drop into a Sandy Bridge-E board with a bios update. Intel has announced that IB-E will also be LGA Socket 2011, but again, just like dropping an Ivy Bridge mainstream into an existing Z68 board, you will not get any of the new features that will be offered with the new chipset released with IB-E (X89?). Like with the Z77 that will accompany Ivy Bridge, I'm sure the X89? will be packed with features such as more Sata III, native USB 3.0, etc that many of us are disappointed X79 does not feature.
Score
November 21, 2011 2:59:33 PM

Best answer selected by ginji666.
Score
November 21, 2011 3:05:58 PM

Thanks Guys thanks alot.. of info..

One more question ..

Ivy bridge Processor Not the Extreme series but the mainstream, so the Ivy bridge processors are yet to come..Right..??
So this new Ivy bridge processor (IGP Graphics) will be differ from 2600k (Sandy bridge)..??

I mean 2600k has something with HD3000 on die. So new processor will have on die or the graphics is supported on board ..??

Because guy its just like u said, I wanna buy 2600k with Intel Z68 for time been as Z77 is not available yet...and I am not sure when will the new processor will be out so I could get new Ivy bridge Board + Processor to get best performance..

I am sure they wont have LucidVirtu technology GPU visualization Technology which Z68 chipset has..

I will use discrete graphics as well ...

This is my last question in this thread... Thanks for answers..
Score
!