death and taxes - pls tell about ordering from lik-sang, p..

Hi,
I am interested in the possibility to order from lik-sang.com or
play-asia as they have some attractive stuff (component cable for the
digital av out or a progressive scan component to vga converter box).

Please tell me if you have ordered from there to a location within the
european community, preferably germany. Did you have problems of any
kind, for example payment, delay of delivery, undetected shipping
costs, and of course hidden taxes or custom problems.

cheers
Stephan

> Hi,
> I am interested in the possibility to order from lik-sang.com or
> play-asia as they have some attractive stuff (component cable for the
> digital av out or a progressive scan component to vga converter box).
>
> Please tell me if you have ordered from there to a location within the
> european community, preferably germany. Did you have problems of any
> kind, for example payment, delay of delivery, undetected shipping
> costs, and of course hidden taxes or custom problems.
>
> cheers
> Stephan

I am not in Europe, but have had nothing but smooth transactions with play-
asia.com to the US. Every order has arrived with in three days of its
estimated delivery date. All fees were explained ahead of time, and my
credit card was never charged until shipment was made.

TheLightsAreOn wrote:
>>Hi,
>>I am interested in the possibility to order from lik-sang.com or
>>play-asia as they have some attractive stuff (component cable for the
>>digital av out or a progressive scan component to vga converter box).
>>
>>Please tell me if you have ordered from there to a location within the
>>european community, preferably germany. Did you have problems of any
>>kind, for example payment, delay of delivery, undetected shipping
>>costs, and of course hidden taxes or custom problems.
>>
>>cheers
>>Stephan
>>

> I am not in Europe, but have had nothing but smooth transactions with play-
> asia.com to the US. Every order has arrived with in three days of its
> estimated delivery date. All fees were explained ahead of time, and my
> credit card was never charged until shipment was made.
Same for Lik-sang, also some of Lik-sangs stuff comes from somewhere in
Europe so you might find its local.

Hi

Stephan M. wrote:

>Hi,
>I am interested in the possibility to order from lik-sang.com or
>play-asia as they have some attractive stuff (component cable for the
>digital av out or a progressive scan component to vga converter box).
>
>Please tell me if you have ordered from there to a location within the
>european community, preferably germany. Did you have problems of any
>kind, for example payment, delay of delivery, undetected shipping
>costs, and of course hidden taxes or custom problems.

I live in Germany and have ordered once from play-asia and twice from
lik-sang. No problems except a small problem I had with one lik-sang
order (it was probably due to the fact that the company was bought by
another one shortly after I ordered) which was resolved quickly and
satisfactory.

German taxes and customs: expect to pay close to 20 percent for taxes
and customs (if and how much depends on what you order and its value)
if the things don't come from within the EU. Be aware that some postal
services take a fee for declaring the merchandise for you and in the
worst case, although it didn't happen with my orders from lik-sang or
play-asia, you might have to declare the merchandise in person at the
next customs office.

Have a nice evening

Stefan Weber

"Stephan M." <balu007@gmx.de> wrote
> Hi,
> I am interested in the possibility to order from lik-sang.com or
> play-asia as they have some attractive stuff (component cable for the
> digital av out or a progressive scan component to vga converter box).
>
> Please tell me if you have ordered from there to a location within the
> european community, preferably germany. Did you have problems of any
> kind, for example payment, delay of delivery, undetected shipping
> costs, and of course hidden taxes or custom problems.
>
> cheers
> Stephan

Hi,

As I am in the US, I'm not familiar with customs/taxes with imports coming
into Europe/Germany -- but I can say that I've been completetly pleased with
Lik-Sang. I have absolutetly no idea how, but one of my orders arrived
within 48 hours. I don't know if they maintain a warehouse in the US (I
want to say that they do, in California), but the package was postmarked
from Asia. Incredible.

I will have to say, however, that shipping costs from Lik-Sang were quite
expensive. Mainly due to shipping costs, I've only placed large orders for
many items from Lik-Sang. Ordering many items at once off-setted the cost
of shipping. (Friends and I went into orders together.) I've mainly just
ordered Dreamcast and Genesis stuff, but have also ordered a couple GC and
GBA items. All arrived in excellent condition.

I'll order through Lik-Sang in the future again, eventually. One-sies and
two-sies item orders wouldn't be cost effective, but eventually will put
together another larger order. I'm not affiliated with them or anything,
just a pleased customer.

Cheers n' Beers,
-ES

Hello,
thank you all. I got notice of a lik.sang dispatch office in Germany.
And the tax information shows, why the stuff is a lot more expensive
within Germany. But still, ordering in Hongkong is obviously not a
ripoff in these cases.
cheers
Stephan.