Closed

Python on Toshiba A30-514

I want to run python on my Toshiba A30-514 (windows XP-SP2). I was
unable to install the windows version ''the installation package was
not supported by your vendor'' was displayed. Version of python
2.4.1.ia64. Any suggestions. Should I just get knoppix and use linux.
1 answer Last reply
More about python toshiba

    On Wed, 17 Aug 2005 11:41:31 -0700, mick wrote:

    > I want to run python on my Toshiba A30-514 (windows XP-SP2). I was
    > unable to install the windows version ''the installation package was
    > not supported by your vendor'' was displayed. Version of python
    > 2.4.1.ia64. Any suggestions. Should I just get knoppix and use linux.

    Just off the top of my head . . .

    Seeing something like ia64 in a software version number might be a tip off
    as to the fact that it was made for 64-bit machines. If I recall the
    Toshiba models beginning with "A" of late, yours is probably a P4 or a
    Celeron in the 2.x GHz range -- not built around a 64-bit CPU. Look for a
    32-bit version of the software.

    The message about your vendor from the installer is more about the version
    of Windows that you're running than it is about the company who made your
    machine; windoze software usually (usually) doesn't care what brand of
    hardware it's running on.

    Hope this helps, but of course I might be horribly, horribly wrong.

    -dirk

Python Toshiba Laptops