Weird sound from computer's speakers

Kedeli

Distinguished
Sep 19, 2011
There is a weird effect on the sound coming from my speakers, no matter which ones I use. It makes voices sound slightly robotic and other sounds from games and stuff are noticeably askew. My drivers are up to date.

G

Do you have a audio manager, like "Realtek HD Audio Manager" which allows you to pick sound effects or do a room correction? if so, set everything to default and see the result

Kedeli

Distinguished
Sep 19, 2011
i don't really know to configure it.. sound blaster audigy se is my sound card. sometimes it works ok and then other times i get an odd robotic like reverb on voices. it's hard to describe. im running windows 7, i have the correct driver installed. any advice?

Kedeli

Distinguished
Sep 19, 2011
its also not terribly noticeable, i should also mention that i recently got my pc fixed. it kept shutting down randomly every few hours until finally ther was no picture upon booting. that issue is resolved now. the guy who fixed it said there was something wrong with the sound in windows? he also repaired some connections and stuff that were not correct. i didn't have the sound problem before it got fixed.

G

Uninstall the drivers, and reinstall them.

Before that you may also want to check if the microphone is enabled as the echo may make it sound that way

Kedeli

Distinguished
Sep 19, 2011
ok i went into something called audio control panel (32-bit) and disabled the CMSS-3D option and now it seems normal. should i have this enabled? is it normal for the vast majority of systems to have this option enabled? my sound card is pretty crappy and was bought for a replacement for a broken mobo port. is it the card?

G

This is a soundcard feature, its not something on most systems. It is probably the cause of your problem.

"Immerse yourself completely in your music, movies and games. X-Fi CMSS-3D recreates realistic surround sound from any audio source and puts you right in the center of the action, whether you are using multichannel speakers or headphones."

mrclaude

Honorable
Jan 23, 2013
Here is same problems in MSI CR-620 Laptop with Realtek soundcard, only in Win 7, but strange I have dualboot with Win XP and in XP all is working good. :eek:

Mohit Naik

Honorable
May 24, 2013