Tags:
  • Power Supplies
  • Battery
  • Aspire
  • Components
  • Product
Last response: in Components
November 21, 2011 2:12:49 PM

My Acer Aspire 5534 will not charge the battery and will not turn on without the battery. When I plug in the power, the light at the front turns red, as if it's charging, but the battery life indicator shows that the computer is running on battery and the battery life is steadily decreasing. I have another identical laptop and have tried to swap the battery and the power supply and the hard drive - the problem stays with this unit - hardware issue.

Any ideas on what is defective and needs to be replaced?

More about : aspire 5534 turn battery removed

a b ) Power supply
November 21, 2011 5:05:33 PM

Look for a used one on ebay. If the price is too high, I would replace it this weekend. Black friday is a big sales day in the usa and cyber monday also has some specials. I found a new laptop with 2 gb of ram and windows 7 for $199 recently. http://www.blackfriday.fm/ad/walmart/compaq-presario-am...
m
l
November 22, 2011 12:31:48 PM

I've already purchased another computer.... just wondering if I can also get this beast back up running --- if it happens to be an easy fix.
m
l
Related resources
November 26, 2011 4:10:37 PM

This could be an easy fix.. If the two adapters do charge the good laptop you own, it means you probably have some kind of a contacts problem on the other laptop - try cleaning the back connectors and if that doesn't help, take the computer to a lab - they will probably be able to tell if this is a difficult fix or not.
m
l
December 4, 2011 3:14:08 PM

I've given up on the beast - using the battery and power supply as spare parts for the other laptop. When I was copying all the files off the laptop I notice that it was running much slower than normal. Time for the recycle bin I guess.
m
l