seriously you gotta help me, anybody knows something about..

Charles

I installed a Kernel based linux on my computer (lba linux)
It has a dual boot program, and i have two partitions on my computer
One for windows XP Pro
the other for Linux
The problem is that windows doesn't wanna boot
If anybody has an idea why or even better knows how to fix this
PLEASE HELP ME!!!
Thanks

"Charles" wrote:

> I installed a Kernel based linux on my computer (lba linux)
> It has a dual boot program, and i have two partitions on my computer
> One for windows XP Pro
> the other for Linux
> The problem is that windows doesn't wanna boot
> If anybody has an idea why or even better knows how to fix this
> PLEASE HELP ME!!!
> Thanks
If the linux distribution boots without a boot flopy then it must have a
boot loader installed...usually either lilo or grub....mucho documentation is
on the net for these....basically you must add the windows distribution to
the boot loader menu.

your linux distro may have a gui program that will do this for you....
if not you must edit the boot loaders config file....
or you can boot from the windows cdrom or floppy and run the recovery
procedure and this may restore the master boot record
check out windows knowledge base on how to restore the master boot record
and how to set up dual boot systems..
hope this gets you started,