Sign in with
Your question

Desktop pc restart problem

Last response: in CPUs
November 21, 2011 4:51:05 PM

Hello,Why my computer restarts without any warning and then boots and restarts again...what could be the reasons?

I hav formatted my c:/ drive but the problem still exists even checked the cpu temperatures which is around 48 degrees celcius,,the problem would go away on its own for a few days then return back on its own ..and when it problem starts then it wil first boot then restart again then again and this will happen 5-6 times even when i boot in the safe mode the problem doesnot goes away it will continue....
power supply :450watt
mother board ASUS p5gcms
processor intel core2duo
ram 1 gb
also i would point out that the computer would restart even when i have opened the bios setup ......this would end say aftr few atempts to switch on the computer and then it will run fine and then after 2 -3 days he problems returns i never got bsod even after i disabled the autorestart option in system recovery and failures.....................please help me ...about what to do to repair it....
a c 159 à CPUs
November 21, 2011 5:11:09 PM

450w generic ps? Check for any fans inside your system, including the power supply, that are moving slowly or not at all. Also try each ram stick one at a time in dimm slot one and see if the problem goes away. Heat issue, ram, or motherboard. The heat issue could also include the power supply. Hard to say on such an old system.
November 21, 2011 5:18:09 PM

o1die said:
450w generic ps? Check for any fans inside your system, including the power supply, that are moving slowly or not at all. Also try each ram stick one at a time in dimm slot one and see if the problem goes away. Heat issue, ram, or motherboard. The heat issue could also include the power supply. Hard to say on such an old system.

All fans are running and ram also seems fine .....what could be the specific reason for it to run for few days and again restart without warning and then be alright again how to know if sumthing solved the prblm
a c 159 à CPUs
November 21, 2011 5:22:50 PM

Motherboard moves to the top of the list. Check craigslist for some amazing deals. I found a newer asus am2+am3 board with 4 gb of ddr2 for only $35 recently. The trick is to be patient and let the price drop, or find a deal in the country and spend some gas money to pick it up. I also call up and waver on the deal if anything is different from the ad. Good luck.
!