Sign in with
Your question

What goes in a PCI Express x1 slot?

Last response: in Motherboards
August 24, 2012 4:41:56 PM

Quote:
"snarfies1: This is the answer snarfies1I said: have an eSATA RAID card in my 1X slot. What goes in a PCI Express x1 slot?"
I have a HP dx2250 mother board with a PCI Express x1 slot on it.

My question is how did you get your eSATA RAID card to fit in your 1X slot? I have two eSATA RAID cards I would like to put in my 1X slot.

More about : pci express slot

a c 174 V Motherboard
August 24, 2012 4:49:24 PM

Well if you have an eSATA RAID card that has a 1x connector it will work in any 1x slot or higher. You can also put it in a 4x and 16x slot if you wish. It won't snap it but it will work just fine.

If you have a RAID card with a 4x connector (common on larger RAID cards) then it can fit in a 4x slot or higher. If you're extremely careful you could even cut part of the connector off and fit it into the 1x slot. Don't do this though.
m
l
a c 717 V Motherboard
August 24, 2012 5:08:49 PM

HP Compaq dx2250 specs - http://h18000.www1.hp.com/products/quickspecs/12605_div...

(2) full-height PCI 2.3 slots, (1) PCI-E x1 slot, (1) PCI-E x16 slot

DVD+/-RW Drives (2) using IDE ATAPI
3.5” Serial ATA Hard Drives (4) using SATA ; Four Serial ATA interfaces support data transfer rates up to 3.0 Gb/s

Integrated Graphics
Built-in ATI graphics processor
provided by the ATI Radeon Xpress 1150 chipset

First you have a (4) four onboard SATA connectors so you can have (3) three additional SATA drives connected. Next, you appear to have a x16 and x1 PCIe slot so IF you're using the 'Built-in ATI graphics' for your video (monitor) then ANY PCIe card can be installed in the x16 PCIe slot as long as you have adequate PSU power if a supplementary PCIe power is required (most PCIe SATA Cards don't).
m
l
!