Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Nvidia geforce 8500 gt

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
June 20, 2011 5:11:52 PM

Recommended video card for HP Pavilion a6441 sc


Motherboard:
Manufacturer: ECS
Form factor: microATX - 24.4 cm (9.6 inches) x 24.4 cm (9.6 inches)
Chipset: NVIDIA GeForce 6150SE nForce 430
Memory sockets: 4 x DDR2
Front side bus speeds: 2000MT/s (2.0 GT/s)
Processor socket: AM2+
Expansion Slots:
1 PCI Express x16 slot for graphics card
2 PCI Express x1 slots
1 PCI slot

Video graphics:
Interface: PCI Express x16
Maximum resolution:
HDMI TV resolution: up to 1080p*
HDMI PC resolution: 2560x1600 at 75 Hz
DVI TV resolution: up to 1080p*
DVI PC resolution (dual-link): 2560x1600 at 60 Hz
VGA resolution: 2048x1536 at 85 Hz
S-Video TV resolution: up to 480i*
* Use NVIDIA software to optimize display
512 MB onboard memory
Supports two displays at the same time
Supports HDCP

POWER SUPLY:
300 W

Windows Vista Home Premium with Windows Media Center 32-bit

memory type DDR2

PROCESSOR
Operating speed: Up to 2.1 GHz
Number of cores: 3
Socket: AM2+
Bus speed: 3600 MHz HT3 (clocked down to 2000 MHz)

More about : nvidia geforce 8500

a c 1395 U Graphics card
a c 160 Î Nvidia
June 20, 2011 5:15:21 PM

For your 300 watt psu max cards would be GT430/530.
a c 106 U Graphics card
a b Î Nvidia
June 20, 2011 5:21:44 PM

I say get a Radeon 5570.
Related resources
June 21, 2011 2:54:59 PM

rolli59 said:
For your 300 watt psu max cards would be GT430/530.


thank you. who of those video card is better to gaming
June 21, 2011 2:59:02 PM

megamanx00 said:
I say get a Radeon 5570.


why do yuo think that Radeon 5570 is mor better tha GT 430/530
a c 106 U Graphics card
a b Î Nvidia
June 21, 2011 9:15:44 PM

The 5570 uses less power and is just as fast, if not a little faster, than the GT 430. Look at the Guru 3d link Rolli was kind enough to provide. I believe the 530 is exactly the same as the 430 so yeah.... As for the 5670 it uses more power (GDDR5 uses more power) so I'd feel less confident using that with or a 6670 with your weak PSU. Of course, assuming your PSU is of someone decent quality then a 6670 would be ideal.
June 22, 2011 3:42:52 PM

megamanx00 said:
The 5570 uses less power and is just as fast, if not a little faster, than the GT 430. Look at the Guru 3d link Rolli was kind enough to provide. I believe the 530 is exactly the same as the 430 so yeah.... As for the 5670 it uses more power (GDDR5 uses more power) so I'd feel less confident using that with or a 6670 with your weak PSU. Of course, assuming your PSU is of someone decent quality then a 6670 would be ideal.



what is better for my computer GDDR5-ddr3 or ddr2
a c 106 U Graphics card
a b Î Nvidia
June 22, 2011 3:47:15 PM

For a graphics card it's GDDR5 (The "G" is for graphics not system RAM), and for system RAM you want to use DDR3, but since you already have a DDR2 board you should just stick with that for now.
a c 1395 U Graphics card
a c 160 Î Nvidia
June 22, 2011 9:30:50 PM

zafiro3497 said:
what is better for my computer GDDR5-ddr3 or ddr2

GDDR5 works equally well with DDR2 or DDR3 system ram since they are totally independent of each other in the system.
a b U Graphics card
June 22, 2011 10:59:02 PM

Get an HD 5570 with DDR3 or DDR5.
June 23, 2011 3:06:41 PM

rolli59 said:
GDDR5 works equally well with DDR2 or DDR3 system ram since they are totally independent of each other in the system.



what do you recommend me GT440 GDDR5 or GT430 DDR3
June 23, 2011 3:07:03 PM

megamanx00 said:
For a graphics card it's GDDR5 (The "G" is for graphics not system RAM), and for system RAM you want to use DDR3, but since you already have a DDR2 board you should just stick with that for now.



what do you recommend me GT440 GDDR5 or GT430 DDR3
a c 106 U Graphics card
a b Î Nvidia
June 23, 2011 3:36:13 PM

I'd recommend a 5570 (kinda worried about that cheap PSU), but of your two choices I guess go with the GT440.
a c 106 U Graphics card
a b Î Nvidia
June 23, 2011 3:37:21 PM

You may also want to consider overclocking your CPU so it won't hold you back as much. Of course, Phenom X3s are not the best overclockers so you may not get much out of it. Read a Phenom overclocking guide to learn more.
a c 106 U Graphics card
a b Î Nvidia
June 23, 2011 4:27:09 PM

Yeah, looks pretty crappy in terms of performance per watt ^_^. Hadn't really looked at it's power consumption numbers before.

http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/ASUS/GeForce_GT_440/...

Still, it's enough to stay within PCI-E specs for not needing a power connector. Still, it has the power consumption of a 5670 while only providing the performance of a 5570. Not really a good trade off if you're looking to put it in something with a weak PSU.
July 27, 2011 4:24:55 AM

i get a GT 440 with DDR5 in my computer but now i do not haved any sound from the speaker
July 27, 2011 4:25:43 AM

megamanx00 said:
I'd recommend a 5570 (kinda worried about that cheap PSU), but of your two choices I guess go with the GT440.

i get a GT 440 with DDR5 in my computer but now i do not haved any sound from the speaker
a c 106 U Graphics card
a b Î Nvidia
July 29, 2011 5:32:48 PM

That's because when you install a more moder graphics card from AMD or nVidia, like the GT440, they have sound output over HDMI and that is set as the default. Go into the control panel, click on sound, and under playback you should see a list of your devices, mainline the your motherboard audio and your video card audio. Select your motherboard or sound card and set it as default. The Set at Default dropdown box is on the bottom. Once it's set as default a little green checkbox should appear next to it and you'll be back to hearing sound out of your speakers.
!