Which case/PSU do I need?

ssharma286

Distinguished
Nov 21, 2011
Hi. I am working on my first build. So far I have -

-Corsair XMS3 8 GB : 2 x 4 GB Memory - DIMM 240-pin - 1333MHz
-Intel® BOXDP67BAB3 LGA 1155 Intel® P67 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel® Motherboard
-Intel i5
-NVIDIA GeForce 440
-Seagate 1TB Serial ATA/300 Hard Drive - Retail Kit- ST1000340AS-RK
-Asus 24xDVD±RW Drive DVD-RAM/±R/±RW 24x8x16x(DVD) 48x32x48x(CD) Serial ATA Internal OEM DRW-24B1ST (Black)

Now I believe all I need is a case. The case needs to have a PSU. Any recommendations? How much watts would I need on my PSU..I calculated it and it came out to be around 240 Watts but I am pretty sure I messed up..Can someone please calculate and tell me what they get? And what do you think of this build? Is it all going to work together you think?

Also will I be needing any additional cooling? I will be using this computer for moderate gaming

ssharma286

Distinguished
Nov 21, 2011
Ok I have been looking at all the PSU you have recommended and all of them say 20+4 pin. The intel motherboard above as I looked up on newegg says has a 24 pin connector. Is that the same thing as 20 + 4 pin? Would they work? Also is the PSU going to be an easy install to the case?

Others have suggested setups like sosofm.

That being said, I wanted to stress that you should not get a case with a built in PSU. I haven't heard of a single case that comes with a built in PSU where the PSU is not worthless.

Maybe there is a case+PSU where the PSU isn't worthless, but I haven't heard about it.

Buy them separately.

PSUs are not hard to install at all. 4 screws and that is it.