Closed Solved

Best i7 1366 cpu value

I have an ASUS Rampage II for a gaming pc I'm building. What is the best cost/performance i7 1366 proc value. For my grandson and he likes Crysis and a couple of older games. I can scale up when necessary but don't want to break the bank on the first build. Thanks
8 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about best 1366 value
  1. Any one of them will do with overclock. If you on the other hand sell that LGA1366 board (still good value) and get him a I5 2500K on a lga1155 P67 or Z68 chipset board you would be getting what is bang for the buck for gaming today.
  2. i7 2600k for that mobo 314.00 amazon thats a 1155 right
  3. rolli59 said:
    Any one of them will do with overclock. If you on the other hand sell that LGA1366 board (still good value) and get him a I5 2500K on a lga1155 P67 or Z68 chipset board you would be getting what is bang for the buck for gaming today.



    Thanks. I need to stay with the Rampage due to other components in place and will upgrade proc later.
  4. Rosebud said:
    i7 2600k for that mobo 314.00 amazon thats a 1155 right


    It's a 1366
  5. Best answer
    baldbobc said:
    Thanks. I need to stay with the Rampage due to other components in place and will upgrade proc later.


    That's precisely the problem, you won't be able to. Intel have moved on from 1366.

    Best value for money would probably be the i7 930, it's a beast of a CPU. Any other 1366 CPU's are overpriced imo.
  6. Best answer selected by baldbobc.
  7. Herr_Koos said:
    That's precisely the problem, you won't be able to. Intel have moved on from 1366.

    Best value for money would probably be the i7 930, it's a beast of a CPU. Any other 1366 CPU's are overpriced imo.


    Thank you...great straightforward answer. I appreciate you help.
    Regards, Bob
  8. Pleasure!
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Intel i7