Solved

Gigabyte GA-Z77-D3H "Bios ID Check Error"

Ok So this has been driving me nuts all day,

I am trying to update the BIOS for my mobo which is

GA-Z77-D3H (rev 1.0)

I am 100% sure of the model and revision , I can see them printed on the mobo. According to system info the current version is:

BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. F5, 09/03/2012

I am trying to update it to F18 using:

http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=4140#bios

But when I try using the q-flash utillity I just get "Bios ID Check Error" back. This is so frustrating, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers
6 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about gigabyte bios check error
  1. Best answer
    Not sure if this will help, but try using the @BIOS utility to flash the FW. It might work.
    http://download.gigabyte.us/FileList/Utility/mb_utility_atbios.exe
  2. Thanks for the reply,

I tried using the @BIOS utility to install the BIOS File I had already downloaded (F18) and got the same error as before. I told it to carry on and update anyway but system wouldn't boot so I restored it to the original BIOS and tried the "update from Gigabyte Server" option. For some reason the most recent version it could find was F9, when I tried to upgrade to that I got a warning: "This is not a regular file name" I ignored it and upgraded anyway and again it wouldn't boot.

Thanks again for getting back to me, any other suggestions would be appreciated. I'm totally stumped...
  3. Update:

I've now managed to update to F9. I got the same boot error as before

"'Remove disks or other media. Press any key to restart"

So I entered the BIOS and looked at the boot options. For some reason my internal SSD was showing up as a flash drive and was not a boot option, I set this to boot first and the system seems fine. Curiously I still can't upgrade to F18 as the Gigabyte servers only have F9 and the BIOS files I used before now just give the error "BIOS Partnumber is not correct" with no option to override.
  4. Oh Dear.... This is deeply embarrassing!

Turns out my mobo is the z77x. At least everything makes sense now I know it was just me being a numpty.

Thanks again for your help abekl
  5. Best answer selected by phb07jm.
  6. No problem. At least you got it sorted
Ask a new question

Read More

Gigabyte BIOS Motherboards