Freezing Problem New Build

thebill0322

Distinguished
Aug 23, 2011
Hello,

Was hoping you guys could answer a few problems I may be having.

First of all built the system and everything seemed to be working great, installed windows 7 and installed fine. Installed antivirus and a few motherboard drivers. The next day when I went to install office and bunch of other programs it started freezing, screen image on but no system response, not even caps/num lock.

Rebooted and it did it again, did not seem to be any particular program. Windows then became unbootable. I am assuming w.e was installing when froze must have did somehting to windows.

Anyway I was then in the bio checking things like CPU temp and then was in the memory configuration and it seemed to freeze once in the bios which was weird...never had that happen before. Was hoping you guys could give me clues as to what to check based on the parts listed below.

CPU Temp: was sub 85 deg F
Memory: Ran the memory test everyone mentions only for 1 cycle and no problems with it but that does not mean it isnt as it feels like it could be. In the bios it was set to 9 9 9 24 under auto and the memory online says 9 9 9 27 for timing. I could not find anywhere in the Asus amd bios where you set the voltage so I could not check if it was at 1.65v like the ram says it needs, but It is underclocked at 1333 as opposed to 1600

Any help? Thanks!

Part List:
Motherboard: ASUS M4A88TD-V EVO/USB3 880G R
CPU: CPU AMD|PH II X4 BLACK 955 3.2G AM3 RT
Video: XFX|HD-677X-ZNLC HD6770 1G R
Ram: MEM 4Gx2|KHX KHX1600C9D3X1K2/8GX R
PSU: PSU ROSEWILL| 700W RV2-700 RT
HDD: HD 500G|WD SATAIII WD5000AAKX - OEM